TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[h=1]More Ethanol?[/h]
It's time to get back to allowing the free market—not Congress, not unelected bureaucrats, not mandates, not artificially spurred growth—to determine our fuel choices.

“Several environmental groups oppose it as well. So does a wide coalition that includes restaurant owners concerned about upward pressure on food prices and boat manufacturers upset at the problems that ethanol can cause in marine engines.”

"Despite the controversy, the EPA claims the RFS is a “success.” Janet McCabe, acting assistant administrator for EPA’s Office of Air and Radiation, says: it “has driven biofuel production and use in the U.S. to levels higher than any other nation. This administration is committed to keeping the RFS program on track, spurring continued growth in biofuel production and use, and achieving the climate and energy independence benefits that Congress envisioned from this program.”

E10FuelSample_large.jpg

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Bastidges!
The EPA is good & effective on most things, but they are going way too far in this corn/ethanol/gasoline/bio-fuel fuster cluck. Wait 'til President Trump gets hold of their raggedy asses!

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been dumping everything into the NRA and 2nd amendment issues but I'm glad you brought this up... I should have done this long ago!
Done.. Thanks again.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Join the AMA. They are against more ethanol and are active against it.

American Motorcyclist Association
I highly recommend joining AMA as an active member. They work hard to protect our rights to Ride!

Ride Baby Ride!

As far as Ethanol goes I'm against it. It uses up valuable water and takes a food crop and turns it into a "fuel" that destroys engines.

I've asked farmers here in Illinois how much corn does it take to make a gallon of ethanol, they can't tell you but they are all about their subsidies from Uncle Sam.
The American Farmer makes money in ways that I find to be obscene. But, it is what it is.

Trump will open up development of all kinds of cool things, he's a businessman not a stupid bureaucrat.
He cuts red tape for a living.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Like with so many things, it comes down to where you live.

I'm in a liberal sump in Western Montana - Flathead Tribal land on both sides; California ex-pats make up the majority of this city, which until fifteen years ago was a small mining and logging town. There's boating and dirt-biking and snowmobiling; and Forest Service personnel with all those toys. And there's liberals who teach, about eight hours a week, (full-time, to them) at the State University. So...toys and liberals who don't like their toys broken; and Tribal land where they sell booze-free gas.

I can get ethanol-free premium just about anywhere. Which was ESPECIALLY valuable with my TW. That really was NOT one of the issues I had with it; and I continue to run my cars and Wee-Strom on booze-free.

And, if this goes the way I expect it to...where, finally, in their last act, they cram it down on us good little liberals...I'll be mighty glad to have my Zero. I'll wait out the storm.

Because my car and truck are Toy Yodas. And Mother Yoda is adamant - DO NOT run more than ten percent ethanol in them! I think they'd forbid gasobooze, except that the fascists at the EPA would come down on them.

But they're not budging on the ten-percent rule. Toyota is one of the companies which does NOT make those stupid "Flex-Fuel" liberal-feelgood cars. Because...ANY WAY you slice it...IT IS NOT GOOD MOTOR FUEL.

I'll be Zeroing, to get my riding jones. And riding the (free, here) bus locally.

Isn't liberal government fun?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
The AMA makes it easy to fight against ethanol. The emails come to me prewritten and ready to review. They are automatically sent to those MFers in govt that should get them.

I hate to use such a stupid term, but here it fits, as this method is both easy and quite peasy.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The AMA makes it easy to fight against ethanol. The emails come to me prewritten and ready to review. They are automatically sent to those MFers in govt that should get them.

I hate to use such a stupid term, but here it fits, as this method is both easy and quite peasy.
There is one problem: THESE BASTAGES DO NOT CARE.

They live in that cuckoo-cloud world in Washingtoon; and they are going to MAKE us peons and serfs march as they order! HOW many years, how many times, have these RINO stealth-Democrats promised to redact the ACA-BammyKair? How many times have they reneged on their promises?

And look at what happened to the ONE Senator who took a stand, alone as it turned out, to stop the funding in implementing it. He's been politically DESTROYED.

This adulterating of gasoline will not stop because these Leftists, BOTH parties, don't WANT to stop it and don't see a danger in not responding to the complaints of a few cranks who think this is still America.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Now before I get into this, I will state that I do not give a holy f%ck-all what people do behind closed doors.

Why is it that the .00000000000000000000001 percent of the population that wants to urinate and defecate in a bathroom that they may or may not be equipped to use, can get laws passed to favor their actions. But motorcycle enthusiasts who make up much more of the population, cannot get shit done? Where is the equality? What about the children?

Perhaps it is about sex?
Which one of you Misfits is going to take one for the team? :)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Now before I get into this, I will state that I do not give a holy f%ck-all what people do behind closed doors.

Why is it that the .00000000000000000000001 percent of the population that wants to urinate and defecate in a bathroom that they may or may not be equipped to use, can get laws passed to favor their actions. But motorcycle enthusiasts who make up much more of the population, cannot get shit done? Where is the equality? What about the children?

Perhaps it is about sex?
Which one of you Misfits is going to take one for the team? :)
Since I self identify as a lesbian woman I will fall on my sword with Sarah Palin:barbershop_quartet_

Tom

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Why is it that the .00000000000000000000001 percent of the population that wants to urinate and defecate in a bathroom that they may or may not be equipped to use, can get laws passed to favor their actions. But motorcycle enthusiasts who make up much more of the population, cannot get shit done?
Because the Office of the Presidency stands with them and not with us.

A one word description of the situation: Obama

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Bastidges!
The EPA is good & effective every once in a great, great while, but they are going way too far in this corn/ethanol/gasoline/bio-fuel fuster cluck. Wait 'til President Trump gets hold of their raggedy asses!
Fixed it for you.

You're welcome.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don't underestimate the power of stupid of the population.
Some of the race fuel companies make a non ethanol 95 unleaded fuel for off road equipment and fire fighter companies chop and ventilation saws and pumps etc.These things need to be reliable everytime and need to start on 1st pull and not 30 n or 40 pulls because the alcohol or water it attracted jiggerrigged the carburetor all up.You can buy it in 5 gal or even 55 gal drums way I'll be buying fuel in future

·
Registered
762 Posts
Don't underestimate the power of stupid of the population.
Some of the race fuel companies make a non ethanol 95 unleaded fuel for off road equipment and fire fighter companies chop and ventilation saws and pumps etc.These things need to be reliable everytime and need to start on 1st pull and not 30 n or 40 pulls because the alcohol or water it attracted jiggerrigged the carburetor all up.You can buy it in 5 gal or even 55 gal drums way I'll be buying fuel in future
It ain't cheap, neither. I looked into it - it would have cost me about $15 a gallon, at a boonies-garage where they stocked and used it. I suppose it might have been a LITTLE cheaper if I got it by the drum - but where is an apartment-dweller gonna keep 55 gallons of gasoline?

I wonder if there's some chemical process that can extract ethanol FROM gasoline. If someone could make a lab kit for it, he'd clean up.

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
Pick a fuel supplier in your area and mount a campaign demanding they carry Non Ethanol fuel in at least one grade. We did it here with Stewart's Shops which is a local fuel/convenience store and they listened, all of their stations now have Non E 91 at just a tad over the price of high test. I see people every time I drive by filling their jugs and MCs filling up at that pump as well as those with the hot cars and boats. Maybe you have Marathon or BP or Valero in your area and you could hammer them into submission. Non E fuel is certainly available in every state but the stations have to see the demand from the customers to carry it.

My vehicles that get a fresh fill up weekly don't have much of an issue with the E-10 fuel but all of my small engines and the TW do so I spend a little more on the real gas. It sure beats having to replace the pull cords on all this equipment because I have to wear them and me out to wake them up after sitting for a while. 2 years ago we had no ethanol free gas here and my chain saw took 30 pulls to wake up after winter storage of just 2 months. This year I had the 91 octane Non E fuel and it fired right up on the second pull, same with my mowers, generator and the ice auger.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 52 Posts