TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tired of too much smoke and too many projects I went south to a favorite escape.
Too much Smoke:
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Afterglow Tree

Too many projects:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Plant

My Escape Zone:
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle

The Zone as seen from camp, some of the over 11,000 ft plus summits so rewarding to ascend on the TW:

Plant Cloud Mountain Sky Tree

Dawn view, no smoke, just riotous colors :
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Afterglow Natural landscape

Between all the solo and group TW rides there are a lot of pics and videos of happy members so I’ll just show some of the scenery that trips my trigger:
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Mountain Natural landscape

Something about being high on one range and looking down on another is special.
Sky Mountain Cloud Plant Highland

Winter winds and snows usually damage man made transmission infrastructure here at 10,000, most years something is flattened, sheared off, or knocked over:
Cloud Sky Mirror Mountain Plant

I don’t mind being accused of having my head on the clouds, I have fun anyways 😎:

Sky Cloud Mountain Highland Plain

I did pass on the final 400 ft ascent to the summit as things were looking a little “moist”. Figured getting back down with no rear brake would be enough of a challenge.
Cloud Sky Road surface Fog Slope

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Tired of too much smoke and too many projects I went south to a favorite escape.
A project: View attachment 229931

Escape Zone:
View attachment 229934

The Zone as seen from camp, some of the over 11,000 ft plus summits so rewarding to ascend on the TW:

View attachment 229935

Dawn view, no smoke, just riotous colors :
View attachment 229936

Between all the solo and group TW rides there are a lot of pics and videos of happy members so I’ll just show some of the scenery that trips my trigger:
View attachment 229937
Something about being high on one range and looking down on another is special.
View attachment 229938

Winter winds and snows usually damage man made transmission infrastructure here at 10,000, most years something is flattened, sheared off, or knocked over: View attachment 229939

I don’t mind being accused of having my head on the clouds, I have fun anyways 😎:

View attachment 229940

I did pass on the final 400 ft ascent to the summit as things were looking a little “moist”. Figured getting back down with no rear brake would be enough of a challenge. View attachment 229941
Fred
The pictures are fantastic as always ...
Keep them coming ...

·
Registered
23,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yovo, first photo from my house was maybe 40 air miles east of nearest fire front that evening. Where I rode was maybe 80 miles south.

There is the central Sierra mountain range hidden behind this squall front. Dropped temps 20 degrees from previous day but blew any smoke into next county.
Sky Mountain Plant community Tree Terrain

Explored on a whim I discovered a persistent yearning to summit these. Seemed improbable at first but has become a reasonable destination. Admiral, ejfranz, Adam-in-Nevada have all joined me to the summit and then well beyond to the Before mining camp on far side.
Mountain Sky Tree Plant Slope

Adjacent Sierras got an overnight dusting of fresh sow atop residual snow fields while I just got rain in the low thirties. Brrr....
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Ecoregion Mountain

Many miles of easy to intermediate tracks wander along 8 and 9 thousand foot high benches. EZ riding and a
confidence builder for the proverbial guy who fell off a horse and is just getting back on.
Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Plant

With restored confidence and a jury rigged foot peg I figured I'ld be a wuzz if I didn't ratchet it up a couple thousand feet and at least try for summit of 11,600+ Mt. Paterson seen in background.
Mirror Sky Plant Automotive mirror Tree

It is nice up there, good clean air with what seems like 50 mile visibility.
Cloud Mirror Sky Plant Mountain

Cloud Sky Mountain Atmosphere Snow

This is Wilderness, can't ride there even with Reddave's 70 tooth sprocket. :giggle:
Cloud Sky Mountain Atmosphere Natural landscape

However the old mining district I was in still has many miles of unexplored but primitive tracks a TW could pound down.
A place that when solo I can both first impress, then scare myself silly.
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

There are some fantastic single tracks best done with a buddy and/or a healthy bike.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
No better place for a T-Dub to roam! As usual - you prove yourself as my Trailway hero, Brother!

This is Wilderness, can't ride there even with Reddave's 70 tooth sprocket. :giggle:
That offer still stands...;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts