TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Na that wont work with the new EPA gas can spouts. They are a PIA to operate, and it makes the entire process messy.
As far as ethanol free gas, I get 100LL from the airport for my TW. Last time I bought it, it was about $1.00 less then the 76 station down the street.
Make sure your engine oil is capable of scavenging the lead out. That is why we have to use aviation oil in our aircraft.

·
Registered
22 BMW G310GS, 2018 Van Van,
947 Posts
Ethanol is much better than mtbe or lead. It’s here to stay, like it or not. In a modern fuel injected units it’s a non issue. It’s a darn sight better issue than the new expensive diesel formulations. Ultra Low Sulpher is not only like 5x the cost, on older units it flat out destroys rubber products. If your running dated designs like the TW then you‘ll just have to deal. There was a time when unleaded was considered “evil” too Had to start armoring valve seats on old timers. But try and buy leaded fuel now. Sadly lead is still found in environment where it shouldn’t be and mtbe is just starting to really show up in water supplies.
i did find one redeeming feature of ethanol recently. I was in a situation where I huffed ethanol inadvertently. Familiar sick buzz but I didn’t get the usual fierce headache. So perhaps it’s something the “huffers” of the World to rejoice about? Stand by if you run out of alcohol?

41 - 43 of 43 Posts