TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone (Travis Pastrana!) is going to do all of Evels Kinevels Jumps all Live and one after another in a row in vegas tonight, happening now..

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And.. on Ann antique original bike. An Indian!

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, the hyped advertising lied. It's still got limited suspension though.. 4" - unless they are making that up too. Either way I wouldn't do it! ;)

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Damn, I missed it. Years back when ever Evel was doing the jumps that made him famous a good portion of those who watched were looking to see him crash and burn. He sure did have some fabulous crashes over the years and I bet he alone caused way too many of us idiot kids to have some equally fabulous crashes just trying to emulate his jumps here at home. I know one such idiot who crashed his Hodaka Ace 90 pulling one of Evel's stunts back in the late 1960s and it still hurts every morning when I get out of bed.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
We would jump over flower pots,garbage cans and old model cars. Those were the days.
We had an abandoned sand and gravel pit and there was an old tow behind camping trailer someone dumped. A buddies dad had an old Willy's jeep for snow plowing and we used it to make a jump ramp over the trailer. We just never figured on the compacting of the sand after making it high enough. I hit the top at about 30 MPH and the rear wheel sunk in just far enough to hit the edge of the trailer sending me ass over teakettle in a beautiful Swan Dive with the bike right behind me landing seat first right on my back. The bike was fine but I had to tell my mother I fell down the basement stairs and right on my back but couldn't explain the cool chin scrape.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
You're makin it too easy for everyone! I had to wait and watch three hours to get to the jump.. :)

Yeah but we watched it live not knowing the outcome. I have to admit the commercials were long and brutal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts