TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would throw out another video of a short ride I did the other day. Again, making excuses to get a ride in. TW hasn't been ridden since Mulifever used it for his motorcycle drivers test.

What went right: I inserted some foam from a sleeping mat (thin), in my camera mount to get the "buzz" out of the picture when at higher rpm's. It appears to have done the trick.

What went wrong: When I changed the mount location, lower on the main bar instead of the cross bar, it also lowered the camera. The result was the "pinkish" color in some of the footage from the sun hitting the black headlight cowling. I'll have to raise it some, so it doesn't appear that I have a camera filter.

Not sure: I'm not 100% sold on the camera being mounted on the handle bar, which causes some "rough viewing" when the trail/road isn't smooth. Not going to change it for the time being as I've seen other meathods, which all show some odd camera bouncing at time.

What I really want: I'd love to get an HD camera, but will settle for what I'm using for now. Guess I'll start dropping hints to the wife for a birthday present, which isn't until next December. Oh well!

Anyway, here is the video. I added a couple of things hoping you will get a giggle out of it from time to time.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V-M8JhAwvc[/media]

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey, that was way cool, I was riding right along with you, best I can do at this time of year. Agree the pink gets in the way. Didn't really notice much "rough viewing." Georgie was obviously involved, does he just jump on and off the TW? It doesn't appear that he was running all the way. You have inspired me, can't wait to borrow wife's lil video camera next summer. Thanks

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Looks like your new camera mount is indeed more stable. I'll have to see what you rigged up as I have a camera now with HD video and I'm anxious to try it on the TW.

Your "trail" is a little too close to the barbed wire fence for my liking. I'd be afraid I'd have a problem and wind up like a piece of cheese going through the slicer -

Lemme know when a good day might be to bring my TW to your place. I have a little part-time job now so my flexibility is not as great, but I still have half-days off and weekends.

Cheers!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Enjoyed your video and particularly the local flavor shots of Jackass Gulch. I was actually pretty impressed with the quality of the picture, even if not 'HD'--- seemed very adequate for computer viewing. The handlebar mount vibration is really not bad, and at least as good as some of the video I've seen where the camera is chest-mounted. I suppose that might be a different story in really rough terrain, but I was impressed at how well it captured the feeling of being on the bike. Looks like you have a nice little 'ranch', and a great place to live.

Corey

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Georgie was obviously involved, does he just jump on and off the TW? It doesn't appear that he was running all the way.

Georgie is hoping off and getting back on everytime I stop. In the video's, when I stopped, I'm usually letting Georgie back on. She won't tell you so, but I think jumping off at the stops is just "practice bailing", when I get into a near fall position!

Your "trail" is a little too close to the barbed wire fence for my liking. I'd be afraid I'd have a problem and wind up like a piece of cheese going through the slicer -

Well, the good thing about the fence is it is barbless. The bad, I do ride close (although slower than what the video shows), but should I fall towards the fence, it still wouldn't be good! I use it as "trail training"!

I suppose that might be a different story in really rough terrain, but I was impressed at how well it captured the feeling of being on the bike.

I'm guessing the trails, and roads I will be riding won't normally be too rough, but hey, should I encounter the "road less traveled, i.e. rough", I show it some for the feeling of the bike you mention. Busyweb and Mrgizmow really inspired me on showing some video on my rides in the future. Too bad I hadn't had time to have the camera thing worked out on my Bender Creek ride. The trails were pretty cool and it would have been neat to show more than my speedometer for most of it. Oh well, lessons learned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts