TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find the oem exhaust bracket that goes from the frame to the exhaust pipe and can’t find the part anywhere. The only thing I can find is the bolt that holds it into the exhaust pipe. I am in need of both bolts with any washers/lock washers and the bracket. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 2000 TW200 is the bike.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Looks to me that something is bent. Those two holes should line up and any old bolt, flat washers, and a lock washer small enough to go through the threads on the exhaust would work....or the OEM bolt. It's quite common for that bolt to vibrate out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bet this is an exhaust pipe for a 2001 or newer is what is happening. It lines up with the hole by the back of the seat just not the one by the back foot peg. I just got this bike and saw that it was missing and have read that as long as you have the back of the pipe supported it’s fine?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would agree with the muffler being too forward but it lines up with the bolt under the rear fender perfectly. I think reddave is correct that the original exhaust has been replaced with a newer oem exhaust.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Oddly enough, this is the same issue I have with the DGV2 muffler I bought, I'm buying a Yamaha muffler stay to use on the under-seat bracket to get the mid pipe brackets to line up.

Also, what is wrong with the forums textbox, randomly deciding when to capitalize letters and randomly add another line up when you backspace??? Hate this crap.

·
Registered
892 Posts
TWBigBlake: The world is your oyster. You can use your OEM or the DG. You really do not need the Yamaha hardware, but it is cheap enough.. That is a common issue when guys replace the exhaust and miss the crossover date with the new set up. This is not a hard bracket to fab. A painted piece of steel flat bar will work. Use loc tite when you put your new bracket on. Use stainless hardware. No need for a grade 8 application here. If you have a guy in your neighborhood who has spent the last 20 years putting bikes together and taking them apart, he probably has something in his tool drawer that will work. This is no big deal. You will be fine. ...Use the DG, get the 1.25 inch quiet core.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I replaced the pipe on my '87 because it was rusty and clearly had been modified in the past. I found a 2005 pipe in great shape on Ebay for $50. Unfortunately, it did not fit correctly. Fortunately, the Tusk Utility Top Rack I have installed is designed to work on both style frames and I used this feature to solidly mount the 2005 pipe to '87 frame. I slipped a nut behind the tab on the frame because I didn't have the right size bolt. I used some extra hardware that was included with the Tusk rack, and a metal spacer from I don't know where. You can make it work - just always save your extra hardware!

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've already posted this elsewhere, but just for you guys. I modified the mounting tab on the DG muffler. DG performance was kind enough to send out a replacement bolt for the mid-pipe bracket. With the Yamaha isolator that I had to drill out, now mounted, everything lined up. Pictures below.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts