TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im interested in wrapping my header piper to make the Rusty look go away. But, will mud ruin it? Our Xl600 also looks ROUGH. So it could use it, plus it runs really hot.

·
Registered
503 Posts
DEI makes exhaust wrap

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
wrap that rascal, it will improve exhaust gas flow by keeping the gas density low due to retained heat. Exhaust wrap is performance enhancing.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
wrap that rascal, it will improve exhaust gas flow by keeping the gas density low due to retained heat. Exhaust wrap is performance enhancing.
Really Troll? Performance enhancing? Noticeable? %?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Naaaa, we like our Troll.

Reactions: troll

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thanks littletommy ;)

I can't give you % but the effect is along the theoretical line of flowing the head to get better intake and exhaust gas movement. Or putting on a high-flow muff. As exhaust gasses cool they become denser and thus require more energy and space to move down the exhaust pipe, retaining the heat lets the gasses move faster.

There is a lot of interesting info available on the web on this subject... High performance engine builders have been exploring exhaust gas density vs. flow and have documented it pretty well.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Ok, cool. I can understand that. Thank you.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll try it, I have 20 bucks just waiting to leave my wallet. By the way, is it a noticeable difference?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts