TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Driver knew he'd been hit, but drove less than half a block to park in his own driveway... not exactly leaving the scene, but... huh. Guess he just wanted to get off the road.

Driver didn't look in the back of the van at the shattered glass. Might not have realized it was a motorcycle that hit him. Who would think of someone coming through the window.

As for the rider not being able to stop in time... bike v minivan brake systems... to hit with enough force to be thrown into the van, I'd say the rider was 50% or so at fault here. Maybe speeding, not paying attention, or some other contributing factor.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Driver knew he'd been hit, but drove less than half a block to park in his own driveway... not exactly leaving the scene, but... huh. Guess he just wanted to get off the road.

Driver didn't look in the back of the van at the shattered glass. Might not have realized it was a motorcycle that hit him. Who would think of someone coming through the window.

As for the rider not being able to stop in time... bike v minivan brake systems... to hit with enough force to be thrown into the van, I'd say the rider was 50% or so at fault here. Maybe speeding, not paying attention, or some other contributing factor.
Rider was 100% at fault. No question. He rearended the van. Probably texting.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Based on the info provided one could reasonably assume that the biker was at fault for the initial collision.

We were just speculating on the circumstances in which a person suddenly and unknowingly receives an extra passenger, leaves the scene, then returns and yet no one is cited. Even more miraculous was the fact that no one appears to have been seriously hurt. But then again this is the level of detail we've become accustomed to with regard to news reporting around here.

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that the minivan driver intially thought his rear window had been SHOT out, and he fled in fear.

Anyway, the story is semi-local and hopefully we'll hear the real deal through the grapevine. lol.

You gotta admit, it's a weird story, no?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Based on the info provided one could reasonably assume that the biker was at fault for the initial collision.

We were just speculating on the circumstances in which a person suddenly and unknowingly receives an extra passenger, leaves the scene, then returns and yet no one is cited. Even more miraculous was the fact that no one appears to have been seriously hurt. But then again this is the level of detail we've become accustomed to with regard to news reporting around here.

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that the minivan driver intially thought his rear window had been SHOT out, and he fled in fear.

Anyway, the story is semi-local and hopefully we'll hear the real deal through the grapevine. lol.

You gotta admit, it's a weird story, no?

From the way the article reads, the guys driveway was less than half a block from the intersection where the crash occurred. I've known people to pull off the road that far from the point of impact.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
From the way the article reads, the guys driveway was less than half a block from the intersection where the crash occurred. I've known people to pull off the road that far from the point of impact.
+1 It was close enough he wasn't cited for leaving the scene. Also, some places drivers are required to remove vehicles from the street if there are no injuries.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
The crash made the national news too. Just saw it on Foxnews.com website.

You'll have to keep us updated if you hear anything more.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
You know, after the bazillions of "Rider dead. Was not wearing a Helmet." articles. This one should have headlined "Rider survives flight through van window because he was wearing a helmet."

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Story reminds me of this old pic that been around here before

A couple more WTF's?

Motorcycle death match

The heck with lane splitting

and the winner

and a couple of more

I don't know what to say about this one ?!?

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
A classic collection of bumping uglies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts