TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a couple of TW riding pards explore a "Houdini Road" (sometimes there, sometimes not) down to an airstrip along a lake. Even though I got a little hurt (pulled hamstring on fall) it was a very fun and interesting ride.

Ride Report Thread: Three Guys Who Probably Should Have Known Better

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Me and a couple of TW riding pards explore a "Houdini Road" (sometimes there, sometimes not) down to an airstrip along a lake. Even though I got a little hurt (pulled hamstring on fall) it was a very fun and interesting ride.

Ride Report Thread: Three Guys Who Probably Should Have Known Better
Looks like a lot of fun . .
I hope your hamstring heals quickly , that injury is no fun

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always great videos, Admiral.

As others mentioned, hope the hammy heals up quickly, it was a little hard to see what caused you to tip, front tire stop on some chunky/awkward terrain?
I think my rear tire went up over a rock and I lost my balance when I slowed down. Kind of a hole there on the left side where my foot couldn't touch. Tip to the right and I would've been just fine.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I think my rear tire went up over a rock and I lost my balance when I slowed down. Kind of a hole there on the left side where my foot couldn't touch. Tip to the right and I would've been just fine.
Ah man, that's the worst, when you realize your desparate search for ground with your foot is fruitless... you get to watch the rest in slow-no as you tip over.

It's 2021, we have the technology to prevent this stuff... the ground should be at least waist high!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It happens to me all to often on the tall bikes.
The yz , xr650r , KLR and ktm ...........
In the off road motorcycle world being on the shorter
Side is definitely not a plus...
You tall riders just wouldn't understand...lol
Down it goes in slow motion and there's nothing we can
Do about it but try to laugh..................,
mike from NC

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Another great and challenging ride video for sure. Don't know if an Epson salts soaking will help, but don't think it will hurt anything.

Marty

Reactions: SanDue and admiral

·
Registered
366 Posts
It happens to me all to often on the tall bikes.
The yz , xr650r , KLR and ktm ...........
In the off road motorcycle world being on the shorter
Side is definitely not a plus...
You tall riders just wouldn't understand...lol
Down it goes in slow motion and there's nothing we can
Do about it but try to laugh..................,
mike from NC
Xr650r's are massive arent they? Ive never actually seen one. Ive ridden dr650s and klr650s but arent the hondas taller than both of those two?

·
Super Moderator
14,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah man, that's the worst, when you realize your desparate search for ground with your foot is fruitless... you get to watch the rest in slow-no as you tip over.

It's 2021, we have the technology to prevent this stuff... the ground should be at least waist high!
This is a very accurate description. There should be some kind of warning system. I'll call it a "foot fault warning". Sometimes the ground (and water) is waist-high. When that happens other things are going on. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another great and challenging ride video for sure. Don't know if an Epson salts soaking will help, but don't think it will hurt anything.

Marty
We thought of a hot tube but not until last night. Do'h!

Reactions: Scooterbrained

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
when you realize your desparate search for ground with your foot is fruitless
Done it myself. Too busy looking around to realise the road surface on my left was about a foot higher than the surrounding dirt. Foot goes down into nothing, followed by both bike and rider. In my case, the only damage was a small chip in my helmet just above my left ear (a particularly loud impact, which reminded me of why I wear a helmet, and also why I don't pay a lot for them). Thankfully, the bike didn't have a scratch on it, though I wish I could have said the same about my shin, which stopped bleeding a week later

Compared to the Admiral, I consider that I got off lightly - (and despite being on my own in the middle of no-where, made it back to a local pub half an hour later in order to "re-hydrate")

In my case, a stupid mistake given my experience, and one not to be repeated. But as Admiral points out, you don't always have a choice .....

·
Super Moderator
14,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Holy Crapola! There was some challenging stuff out there. One of the Dubs looked like a Pogo Stick!!
Yeah, the trail rodeo. I have the stiffest ProCycle spring and it felt like a bucking bronc as well. I guess our rides with shown video could be used as a filter by others whether to ride with us or not. Our goal is for an easy ride but sometimes they turn into "Fred Easy Rides" haha.

·
Super Moderator
14,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Done it myself. Too busy looking around to realise the road surface on my left was about a foot higher than the surrounding dirt. Foot goes down into nothing, followed by both bike and rider. In my case, the only damage was a small chip in my helmet just above my left ear (a particularly loud impact, which reminded me of why I wear a helmet, and also why I don't pay a lot for them). Thankfully, the bike didn't have a scratch on it, though I wish I could have said the same about my shin, which stopped bleeding a week later

Compared to the Admiral, I consider that I got off lightly - (and despite being on my own in the middle of no-where, made it back to a local pub half an hour later in order to "re-hydrate")

In my case, a stupid mistake given my experience, and one not to be repeated. But as Admiral points out, you don't always have a choice .....
I needed more "medicine" to "rehydrate" as you say when I got home. :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing and nurse that hammy.

Reactions: admiral
1 - 20 of 32 Posts