TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

I was just curious if anyone has tried one of these;

https://www.amazon.com/Accessories-Motorcycle-Carburetor-Adjust-Mixture/dp/B07VZRT4G3/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=air/fuel+screw+tw200&qid=1566088291&s=gateway&sr=8-1

The price is pretty decent, but shouldn't these be made from brass, rather than aluminum? Also, to install this new screw, do you just back the old one out and put the new one in, or is there more involved? I'm willing to give it try, if no one with carb experience sees a problem with it.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Interested to find out how well it works. That price is ridiculous though.

·
Registered
20,462 Posts
Comparably priced compared to the custom order silver soldered ones that used to be made by a member here for us.
If it makes you feel like you are getting better value then go ahead and order the Amazon one in Titanium.:D screw.jpg
Unfortunately they don't have Betty Boop's exact shade of orange....girls like to be color coordinated, right? screw2.jpg

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would much rather support a member that is hand making them.

Think of the weight savings you will get with the titanium one!

·
Read Only
173 Posts
It is aluminum, but 6061-T6 is quite comparable to brass in strengths and in some categories is better. I don't think it should hurt anything. Personally... if it's going to be sticking out that far I would want something that conducts heat a bit less like the 6061 vs. brass. Only one way to find out, and that makes you the distinguished guinea pig of the day!

Word of advice. From the threads up - take note of any (and I mean the ever so slightest) differences in size and tapers between the stock and this one. A minuscule difference will translate to a lot more or a lot less flow through the pilot circuit and you may either need to have it turned almost all the way in, or it's so far out that continuing to turn it makes no difference. It's quite amazing how such a slight change in the taper on the mixture screws can prove a drastic change in the number of turns it takes or if it is even usable.

Just one more note: I don't know your setup, but just making sure you realize this is for an FCR carb, and not a CV?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Why bother? Once you have found the right number of turns out you will probably never change it for the life of the bike, unless you go through major altitude changes, like 10,000 feet.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I picked up one of these from a guy in Cali, got the info from one of the forum members here. I think it was like $50

D68C4F6C-E7B3-4390-A0E5-B7724983F646_1566188577368.jpeg

·
Registered
354 Posts
Does it work on our carb? I seen these for sale on ebay but not sure if it fits.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently decided to cheat, and drilled a hole in the end of my mixture screw and soldered in a 1/16" Allen wrench, cut off to stick out just enough. It works great and didn't cost anything. As a bonus it's really easy to tell how far I've turned it by where it's pointing.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts