The Yamaha YES plan....
Is it worth it for new TW owners who ride hard or fear the base gasket leak?
I myself passed on this plan. There seemed like there were too many loopholes in the plan for me to get stuck with a bill. (see red highlighted items below )
Original thread ... http://tw200forum.com/forums/60302/ShowPost.aspx
4 year = $429.26
3 year = $346.88
2 year = $260.16
1 year = $195.12
Who do I call when I have a problem with my product, or I need service?
Yamaha recommends that you visit your selling or servicing Yamaha dealership.
Use the Yamaha Dealership Locator at www.yamaha-motor.com
to find the Yamaha Dealer nearest your home. Simply select the product line service you need along with your zip code or address required fields and click "Go".
Who do I contact if I have questions about Y.E.S?
Your Yamaha dealership is your best source of information for all things Yamaha. If contacting a dealership is not an option you can contact the Yamaha Y.E.S. Department at 1-866-937-3983.
What is the TRIP benefit?
Yamaha is particularly proud to provide Travel and Recreation Interruption Protection (TRIP) with Y.E.S. at no extra cost. TRIP coverage helps take care of expenses you might have related to your covered mechanical breakdown, such as a rental vehicle while yours is in the shop or food and lodging if you're caught away from home.
How do I claim TRIP benefit?
In order to receive TRIP Reimbursement you must submit valid receipts for eligible expenses to the Yamaha dealer servicing the Y.E.S. covered repair.
Can my Y.E.S. contract be cancelled?
You may cancel the Y.E.S. contract at any time. To cancel Y.E.S. coverage you must provide written notice to the Yamaha dealer who sold you the Y.E.S. contract. If you cancel within the first 30 days and have not incurred a claim, you will receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. If you cancel after 30 days or have incurred a claim, a pro-rata refund will be made less an administrative fee of $25. (see terms and conditions for full details).
What happens to my Y.E.S. contract if I sell or trade-in my product?
Y.E.S. is a transferable contract, so you can transfer Y.E.S. to a subsequent customer. This leads to increased resell value for your Yamaha. It is required that a transfer of registration and inspection be performed by a Yamaha dealer.
If there are modifications made will my product still be covered?
Your product will still be covered by Y.E.S. However, any failure caused by the modification to your Yamaha, or defects caused by the modifications, will not be covered by Y.E.S.
Can I transfer Y.E.S. from one unit to another?
No, Y.E.S. covers that particular unit. If the customer sells or trades in the old unit, they cannot move that coverage to a new unit.
What terms are available for Yamaha products?
Y.E.S. is offered in 12, 24, 36, and 48 month terms for most Yamaha products.
What products is Y.E.S. available for?
Y.E.S. is available for a wide variety of Yamaha products. Yamaha and Star brand Motorcycles, Scooters, ATV, Side x Side, Snowmobiles and Generators. Y.E.S. is also available for Yamaha marine products such as Yamaha Outboard Motors, WaveRunners and Yamaha boats.
What does Y.E.S. cover?
Y.E.S. covers repairs for a mechanical breakdown caused by a defect or faulty workmanship from the manufacturer only. Please see the Y.E.S. sample contract
for specific exclusions.
And Then The Fine Print.........
Definitions of Key Words used in this Contract (Key words appear in bold type):
YAMAHA and Genuine YAMAHA: YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION, U.S.A.
Y.E.S. Contract: this YAMAHA EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN CONTRACT which includes your name and the information about your YAMAHA vehicle.
Declarations: that portion of the Y.E.S. Contract with information about the Customer and the identified vehicle.
Customer, you, or your: the owner of record of the vehicle shown in the Declarations registered with YAMAHA.
Covered vehicle or the vehicle or your vehicle: the Motorcycle, ATV, Scooter, Snowmobile, or Watercraft shown in the Declarations.
"Breakdown" or "Mechanical Breakdown" means the breakage or failure of a covered part caused by a defect or faulty workmanship from the manufacturer, making that covered part incapable of performing the function for which it was designed. The identified vehicle will be covered only for Mechanical Breakdown( s) which occur(s) in the Continental United States including Alaska, and for Watercraft, Hawaii.
Breakdown or Mechanical Breakdown does not include the gradual reduction in operating performance caused by wear and tear where a failure has not occurred.
New vehicle(s): a vehicle with a YAMAHA Limited Warranty in effect at the time of Y.E.S. Contract sale. Refer to the Warranty Statement that came with your purchase.
Used vehicle(s): a Motorcycle, ATV, Scooter, Snowmobile or Watercraft sold by the YAMAHA Dealer for which the YAMAHA Limited Warranty has expired, and which meets specific eligibility requirements.
Limited Warranty: is the warranty which comes with the vehicle from Yamaha at no charge to the customer.
Storage: following the procedures outlined in the Owner's Manual for the Covered Vehicle under the section entitled "STORAGE."
Hull and Deck Limited Warranty: (Sport Boats) the five (5) year warranty on the hull and deck of the vehicle from YAMAHA that came at no charge to the Customer. Refer to the Warranty Statement that came with your purchase.
Sport Boat Components Limited Warranty: the one (1) year warranty on everything except the hull and deck which came with the vehicle from YAMAHA at no charge to the Customer. Refer to the Warranty Statement that came with your purchase.
This Y.E.S. Contract governs a specific agreement between YAMAHA and the Customer which is applicable exclusively to the covered vehicle. YAMAHA will, without cost to the Customer and subject to the conditions and exclusions of this Y.E.S. Contract, repair or replace parts damaged as a result of a Mechanical Breakdown when the covered vehicle is made available for repairs at a YAMAHA Dealer. At YAMAHA'S discretion, replacement parts used in covered repairs will be Genuine YAMAHA new, Genuine YAMAHA remanufactured or parts of like kind and quality.
The Customer's Responsibility under this Y.E.S. Contract shall be to:
YAMAHA'S liability under this Y.E.S. Contract shall not exceed the actual cash value of the vehicle at the time of Mechanical Breakdown as determined by standard manuals for establishing vehicle value. THE TOTAL OF ALL CLAIMS PAID DURING THE TERM OF THE Y.E.S. CONTRACT SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PRICE THE CUSTOMER PAID FOR THE VEHICLE.
- Operate and maintain the vehicle as specified in the appropriate Owner's Manual. Specifically, the Customer must follow the guidelines on Storage of the vehicle. Failure to properly store your vehicle may result in denial of ENGINE MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN CLAIMS.
- Give notice to a YAMAHA Dealer of any and all apparent defects within ten (10) days after discovery, and make the covered vehicle available at that time for inspection and repairs at such YAMAHA Dealer's place of business.
- The Customer must either (a) use the Maintenance Log provided with the Y.E.S. Contract and have it verified by the YAMAHA Dealer that performs the services or repairs: or (
the Customer must keep receipts and other records that show the dates, mileage, hours of use (if applicable), costs, services and repairs performed (including Storage).
- The Customer must follow YAMAHA guidelines for the quality and type of fuel, oil and lubricants used. Failure to follow guidelines in the appropriate Owner's Manual will result in denial of ENGINE AND DRIVELINE CLAIMS.
Our obligations to you are guaranteed under the Contractual Liability Insurance Policy (Reimbursement Insurance Policy) issued by Combined Specialty Insurance Company, 5050 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60640. In the event you have any questions regarding your Y.E.S. Contract, you may contact Automotive Warranty Services, Inc., or Combined Specialty Insurance Company.
You may also contact the Iowa Insurance Commissioner at the following address: Iowa Insurance Department, 6th Floor, Lucas State Office Building, Des Moines, Iowa 50319.
Coverage afforded under this Agreement is not guaranteed by the Idaho Insurance Guarantee Association.
Coverage afforded under this contract is not guaranteed by the Property and Casualty Guaranty Association.
Complaints or questions concerning the regulation of service contracts may be directed to the South Carolina Department of Insurance at P.O. Box 100105, Columbia, South Carolina 29201-3105. (803) 737-6160.
Unresolved complaints or questions concerning the regulation of service contracts, may be directed to the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation at P.O. Box 12157 Austin TX 78711. 800-803-9202.
This Y.E.S. Contract is transferable.
To transfer the Y.E.S. Contract from You to the subsequent Customer, it is required that a transfer of registration and inspection be performed by a YAMAHA Dealer. A reasonable dealer imposed fee may be charged for this inspection. This transfer of registration must take place within fifteen (15) days of ownership change. At the time of transfer of registration, the Customer will be required to provide all required maintenance receipts or the properly completed Maintenance Log to the new owner. Although there is no transfer fee to transfer this contract, any dealer charges for performing any inspections necessary will be the Customer's responsibility.
THE TERM OF THE Y.E.S. CONTRACT
FOR NEW VEHICLES
The TERM of the Y.E.S. Contract for your new vehicle is the YAMAHA Limited Warranty period plus the number of months of Y.E.S. Plan purchased. YAMAHA Limited Warranty Periods vary. The Y.E.S. Contract TERM expires on the date shown in the Declarations.
FOR USED VEHICLES
The TERM of the Y.E.S. Contract for your used YAMAHA vehicle is the number of months of Y.E.S Plan purchased at the time of used vehicle sale, and is shown in the Declarations. The used vehicle is eligible only if the YAMAHA Dealer sells (sold) you the used vehicle and the Y.E.S. Contract on the same day. YAMAHA will not provide coverage for used vehicles which are not sold by the YAMAHA Dealer.
During the term of the Y.E.S. contract, any YAMAHA Dealer will provide at no cost to the Customer:
GENERAL EXCLUSIONS from this Y.E.S. Contract shall include ANY MECHANICAL BREAKDOWNS caused by: competition or racing use; installation of parts or accessories that are not of like kind and quality to Genuine YAMAHA parts; abnormal strain, neglect, or abuse; lack of proper maintenance, including Storage; accident or collision damage; contact with foreign materials or submersion; damage due to growth of marine organisms on surfaces; damage due to improper transportation; damage due to rust or corrosion; modification to original parts.
SPECIFIC EXCLUSIONS THIS Y.E.S. CONTRACT DOES NOT COVER:
- Repair or Replacement of any part determined to be defective by YAMAHA as a result of a Mechanical Breakdown subject to the General and Specific Exclusions contained in this Y.E.S. Contract. All parts replaced under this Y.E.S. Contract become the property of YAMAHA.
- TOWING REIMBURSEMENT In the event of a Mechanical Breakdown, a TOWING REIMBURSEMENT of up to fifty dollars ($50.00) per occurrence will be provided if TOWING IS NOT COVERED BY OTHER INSURANCE OR "MOTOR CLUB" BENEFIT. This benefit applies during the Limited Warranty period as well as the Y.E.S. Contract period. To receive Towing Reimbursement, the Customer must submit valid receipts for the Towing expense to the YAMAHA Dealer doing the repair of the Mechanical Breakdown.
- TRAVEL AND RECREATION INTERRUPTION PROTECTION (TRIP): In the event a Mechanical Breakdown occurs, reimbursement of up to one hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00) per occurrence will be provided for reasonable, legitimate expenses incurred because of the Mechanical Breakdown, such as food, lodging, phone calls, replacement vehicle rental, or other transportation. THIS BENEFIT DOES NOT APPLY TO EXPENSES COVERED BY INSURANCE OR OTHER BENEFITS. This benefit applies during the Limited Warranty period as well as the Y.E.S. Contract period. To receive TRIP Reimbursement the Customer must submit valid receipts for eligible expenses to the YAMAHA Dealer doing the repair of the Mechanical Breakdown.
- NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR ITEMS. SOME EXAMPLES ARE: Tires, brake pads, or shoes, brake rotors or drums, cables, clutch plates, hoses, fuses, spark plugs, final drive chains/belts, final drive sprockets, batteries, replacement filters, light bulbs, fluids not required in conjunction with repairing a Mechanical Breakdown. Additional examples for Watercraft include the impeller, impeller liner and intake grille, mats, bumpers, body seals or gaskets and anodes, control cables and spark plugs. Additional examples for Snowmobiles include skis, track, wheels under track, hyfax/slide rail, clutch weights, rollers, pins and bushings.
- Mechanical Breakdown caused by improper storage. The Customer must have proof that proper storage procedures have been completed if requested by YAMAHA in relation to a specific Mechanical Breakdown.
- If a particular Mechanical Breakdown is caused by operation or maintenance other than as shown in the applicable owner's manual, that Mechanical Breakdown will not be covered by this Y.E.S. Contract.
- APPEARANCE-RELATED DAMAGE SUCH AS scratches; nicks; dents; fading paint and trim, tears, corrosion, gel coat stress cracks, and growth of marine organisms on surfaces.
- AUDIO COMPONENTS
- Mechanical Breakdown while the vehicle is under the YAMAHA Limited Warranty or the YAMAHA Sport Boat Components Limited Warranty or when the component is covered by a manufacturer's modification or recall program.
- For Sport Boats: the hull and deck on your vehicle are covered by the Limited Warranty for a period of five (5) years. The Y.E.S. Contract does not provide coverage for the hull and deck.
- For Snowmobiles: Mechanical Breakdown caused by operation of vehicle when there is not adequate snow.
- Damage from theft, fire, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, flood, hail, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, water, or collision.
- Mechanical Breakdown or damage to ANY COMPONENTS caused by water, sand and/or corrosion, or impact with underwater object. 11. Loss which occurs due to failure to maintain proper fluid and/or lubricant levels as specified by YAMAHA or due to improper oil/gas mixture ratios.
- FAILURE OF FINAL DRIVE CHAINS/ BELTS OR SPROCKETS, DAMAGE DUE TO FINAL DRIVE CHAIN/BELT BREAKAGE.
- Damage due to alteration, modification or use of the covered vehicle not recommended by YAMAHA.
- Damage due to failure of "non-stock" or modified parts.
- Vehicles used for commercial purposes. Examples of commercial use are: rental, delivery, hauling for hire, police, harbor patrol or emergency services. In general, if a vehicle will be used to make a profit, it is considered commercial usage.
- NORMAL MAINTENANCE, ADJUSTMENTS, TUNEUPS, PARTS OR LABOR NOT REQUIRED TO REPAIR A MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN, OR FLUIDS NOT REQUIRED IN CONJUNCTION WITH REPAIRING A MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN.
- INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING LOSS OF USE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- The Customer must either (a) use the Maintenance Log provided with the Y.E.S. Contract and have it verified by the YAMAHA Dealer that performs the services or repairs; or (
the Customer must keep receipts or other records that show the cost, dates, mileage, elapsed hours, services, and repairs performed, including storage. Failure to show proof of servicing may result in the denial of coverage.
- FOR USED VEHICLES, SEALS AND GASKETS ARE NOT COVERED, UNLESS THEY ARE REQUIRED TO REPAIR A MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN OF A PART OTHER THAN THE SEAL AND/OR GASKET.
- THIS Y.E.S. CONTRACT DOES NOT COVER REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PISTONS AND/OR RINGS TO IMPROVE ENGINE COMPRESSION WHEN A MECHANICAL BREAKDOWN HAS NOT OCCURRED. LOSS OF ENGINE COMPRESSION IS NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR.
In the event of a Mechanical Breakdown, the Customer must follow these procedures:
Protect the vehicle to prevent further damage. Continued operation of the vehicle may result in damage that may not be covered by this Y.E.S. Contract. Return the vehicle within 10 days to the YAMAHA Dealer where the Y.E.S. Contract was purchased. If this is not possible, you can have the repairs done at another YAMAHA Dealer. Provide the YAMAHA Dealer with receipts for required maintenance or the validated Maintenance Log, if needed to authorize the repair.
When necessary, the Customer will be required to authorize the YAMAHA Dealer to tear down the vehicle for diagnostic evaluation. If there is not a Mechanical Breakdown covered by this Y.E.S. Contract, the Customer is responsible for the COSTS OF DIAGNOSIS AND TEARDOWN.
NOTE: When the repair work is completed, be sure to have your Y.E.S. Contract and your maintenance records returned to you.