TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a TW NOOB

When I had my DRZ the pilot jet stock was so small that the slightest grain of anything blocked it off

For a while problem was somewhat solved by use of a little clear fuel filter from a hardware store

Eventually I swap carb internals for those of the comparable ATV

I would assume the pilot jet for a 200 is even smaller

Is this a concern/fix or not to worry

thanks

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I've had no problems in 48,000 miles with the 90* filter similar to your top picture. I haven't even cleaned the filter.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I suspect the petcock does enough filtering but I would get one of those 90* filters if I ever found one.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have run 500CC on ACE hardware filters

I've got my jets and soon she'll get them and the filter

I screwed up and bought 2 oil filters which I am sure you know are cleanable screens

NOOB mistake

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Ive seen two 90* filters. One screen and one bronze sinter. I'm assuming the screen is similar to that in the petcock. Is the bronze better than screen?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'd have to say YES...the sintered bead presents what they call "torturous path" technology; it creates a labyrinth of pathways, but they are all criss-crossed and at obscure angles such that anything that enters the filter will need to be able to BEND around to pass through these pathways. In effect, even if the space between the beads is 5 microns, the resultant lattice will filter solid particles that are much smaller. Screens, on the other hand, have plain old holes that stuff can pass through!

I have a filtering water-bottle that uses the same idea and they say it will trap 99% of all protozoa's and cysts...gotta wonder what happens to that 1% though....

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rant

So I go to my local hardware store

For the previous 15 years there have been 3 different filters hanging at the same place

Yesterday I go there and there is an immense 5x5 feet display of chain saw bars.

We live in a semi rural environment but I would be surprised if harry homeowners ever use up a chain saw bar

and the pros go to a Stihl dealer.

I ask the dull witted attendants where the filters are as I am convinced that they

coincidentally must not have sold out just before chain bar utopia arrived.

They were completely baffled by this logic and were not able to imagine where they had got too.

Being a geezer I remember the old hardware man who remembered where he put something in 1940.

·
Registered
124 Posts
"Being a geezer I remember the old hardware man who remembered where he put something in 1940."

Hear, hear!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts