TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the hunt for a small gas can that will provide me a little fuel “just in case” I came across this gas can on Amazon. It fits perfectly in the case I have attached to my rack. I can fit 2 of them inside. The cans are rated for water, fuel or oil. Plan is to get a second one to use for water. This will provide me some extra fuel and drinking water for trail riding and moto camping. I will paint a blue stripe on the water can.

I have had it full of fuel on its side all day in the box with no leaking. Hopefully it stays that way long term. All the reviews are great.

It has a 2.5 liter capacity

E8A83BDE-FCF4-4476-B05F-16B97F4160F8_1556680578706.jpeg .

·
Registered
324 Posts
What company makes it?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just mounted a 1gal. Rotopax to my top box. Works great.
Resized_20190413_141153.jpeg
Resized_20180922_155553.jpeg

·
Registered
742 Posts
No problem at all, Tom! Since the topic is extra fuel...I just mounted a RotoPax FuelPax series 1.5 gallon tank on my Tusk Utility Top Rack. The FuelPax series is blow-molded instead of roto-molded, and as such it has a 5 year warranty instead of a 10 year. But RotoPax was - and still is offering free mounts with the FuelPax series! Since a mount was almost 1/2 the price of the damn gas can, I figured that was a deal. (Sucker?) I will be utilizing it this coming week to scout around John Martin Reservoir looking for some new small game hunting grounds, as well as some new shore fishing access for when the wind gets too much for the boat. Anyway, here is a pic! IMG_20190423_184453.jpg

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem at all, Tom! Since the topic is extra fuel...I just mounted a RotoPax FuelPax series 1.5 gallon tank on my Tusk Utility Top Rack. The FuelPax series is blow-molded instead of roto-molded, and as such it has a 5 year warranty instead of a 10 year. But RotoPax was - and still is offering free mounts with the FuelPax series! Since a mount was almost 1/2 the price of the damn gas can, I figured that was a deal. (Sucker?) I will be utilizing it this coming week to scout around John Martin Reservoir looking for some new small game hunting grounds, as well as some new shore fishing access for when the wind gets too much for the boat. Anyway, here is a pic! View attachment 192920
That fits perfectly on the Tusk rack! Nice work.

Sounds like a fun ride.

·
Registered
288 Posts
On the hunt for a small gas can that will provide me a little fuel “just in case” I came across this gas can on Amazon. It fits perfectly in the case I have attached to my rack. I can fit 2 of them inside. The cans are rated for water, fuel or oil. Plan is to get a second one to use for water. This will provide me some extra fuel and drinking water for trail riding and moto camping. I will paint a blue stripe on the water can.

I have had it full of fuel on its side all day in the box with no leaking. Hopefully it stays that way long term. All the reviews are great.

It has a 2.5 liter capacity

View attachment 192784 .
I like that because the 2.5 ltr can is hidden away inside top box ( case) with a little bit more protection than strapped to side , I hear some of you say what about standard fuel tank ? yeah ok the original fuel tank is exposed as the normal position , but I like your idea in top box (case)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hey Fargo, is that a Tusk Rack under there? I have one myself! Also have a 1.5gal Fuelpax I recently mounted flat on the rack. But after seeing your setup - I'm drilling more holes and copying it! Thanks and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Fargo, is that a Tusk Rack under there? I have one myself! Also have a 1.5gal Fuelpax I recently mounted flat on the rack. But after seeing your setup - I'm drilling more holes and copying it! Thanks and welcome aboard.
Yes it is the Tusk rack. The milk crate is really versatile. It allows me to carry fishing gear, beach chair, etc. I just used 2 cam buckle straps to secure the bottom to the rack. Easy on/off.

·
Registered
20,629 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,168 Posts
Has anyone cut and section in to make the stock tank bigger yet?
It has been done by at least one person but I forget who did it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts