TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready for the upcoming riding season. Added 3 30 oz. fuel cans to the top of my rear case. Not final mounted yet, but the final position is completed

·
Registered
Former bikes: '02 XR400, '82 CB900F, 96' Bandit600, '01 CBR600, '97 Ninja500, '84 V45 Magna
50 Posts
I think he mounted them away from the hot exhaust so they would not be rocket boosters.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that on a quad?
it is a top case that has a qick detach that i use on the tw and my fz6r. i just did not have it mounted at that point. I am going to install a precision rack onto the TW

·
Registered
21,170 Posts
Nice!
However that is a bit of weight up high which may be somewhat hard on the GIVI latches and hinges given time and vibration from rough Saskatchewan back roads. Stress dissipating washer backed multiple fasteners on what we call "tool tubes" . I use 4 per tube. Have seen a few of these tubes break.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now mounted with a Precision Motorcycle Racks rear rack. Really like the build quality of the rack

·
Registered
536 Posts
I like to carry extra fuel weight low.
IMG_20200920_165437.jpg

IMG_20200920_165359.jpg

Mike from NC

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Fall over at at speed and that gas can is going to shred through and spray fuel everywhere. Might want to place it inside the frame so the frame takes the brunt of the scrape.

·
Registered
500 Posts
There are two different Rotopax cans. The good ones are labeled Rotopax and are made in a rotational mold. They are super darned tough and I would trust them on the outside of a load.

The cheaper version is labeled Fuelpax. They are blow molded plastic and much less robust. They are still plenty tough but kinda in a Walmart sortuva way.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
536 Posts
Fall over at at speed and that gas can is going to shred through and spray fuel everywhere. Might want to place it inside the frame so the frame takes the brunt of the scrape.
Their actually pretty tough. I watched a heavyweight BMW go down and slide
over a hundred feet on it's rotopax on 77 north.. I t looked like crap but it didn't leak !
It really saved the BMW a lot of damage too.....
Mike from NCi

·
Registered
463 Posts
The actual RotopaX weigh only twice as much full then they do empty. There is a bo-hunkin-metric-butt-ton of plastic in each one of the rotomolded ones.

They ones on the trailer appear to be knock-offs.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The actual RotopaX weigh only twice as much full then they do empty. There is a bo-hunkin-metric-butt-ton of plastic in each one of the rotomolded ones.

Bite your tongue , no knock off crap tanks for my Tdub...
1.75 gallon rotopax .....
Yes between the tanks and the mounts they are heavy

I even run them when they are empty as crash protection
for the trailer...
Mike from NC

·
Registered
281 Posts
I use a 32oz. Gatorade bottle(s).

·
Registered
463 Posts
Bite your tongue , no knock off crap tanks for my Tdub...
1.75 gallon rotopax .....
Yes between the tanks and the mounts they are heavy

I even run them when they are empty as crash protection
for the trailer...
Mike from NC
Apologies. Didn't recognize that 1.75g are square. I have 2.0 that are rectangular. Pretty sure I could park my truck on them.

·
Registered
536 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts