TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,555 Posts
I think the more light the better whether it is projected to the rear, or the front. If any traffic behind thinks it is too bright let them increase the gap a little more.
The life lesson I am learning is “They Just Don’t see Us!”.
Last time out heading down the mountain a guy approaching me in his Subaru pulled across my lane while looking for a place to park and go walk his Labrador. Finally noticing me he did the classic deer-in-the-headlights freeze-up stopping sideways across my lane. Now I’m heading downhill on gravel braking and rapidly downshifting from fifth trying to decide when to abandon braking and try to steer around this guy. This is the classic situation that causes so many motorcycle accidents. Maybe I should paint my bike a brighter color. :p Betty with gas can rt rear.jpg

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good Job. I like the idea go the Wig Wag. A headlight modulator wouldn't hurt either
I can't blame drivers. We are smaller and just can't be seen. In the end it doesn't matter who's fault it is when you are hurt in a accident. Because you are the one in the ER.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I no longer own a TW. This is my bike from a few years ago and these pictures seem an appropriate contribution to this thread. Found that rear led light bar a real plus. As I seldom rode at night, both tail and brake elements were wired to function only while braking. Another big plus was adding this small, inexpensive modulator. Attention getting while braking and when stopped to signal my position to fast approaching cars spotted in my rearview mirror. Modulator purchased on Amazon a few years ago.
-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts