TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI for those searching:

Some of you are looking for rear wheels for projects or replacements in other threads, I've been scouring eBay and offer-up for a while...

...Doesn't come with the hub or spokes, but a new OEM rim is going for $197 right now on partzilla (I ordered one for a 2018 TW). So if you don't mind lacing the hub up, not a bad price.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Just an FYI for those searching:

Some of you are looking for rear wheels for projects or replacements in other threads, I've been scouring eBay and offer-up for a while...

...Doesn't come with the hub or spokes, but a new OEM rim is going for $197 right now on partzilla (I ordered one for a 2018 TW). So if you don't mind lacing the hub up, not a bad price.
That's the best thing about the rear trailer wheel conversion.
Replacement rear wheel about $40

Reactions: TWBigBlake

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Maybe someone who's done the conversion would sell you their rim Blake. I would, but mine is in bad shape. But, if you want it, it's yours for the price of shipping;

·
Registered
459 Posts
That's nothing that a gas torch and some judicious hammering couldn't put right. I repaired something similar on one of my rear rims, that's one advantage of a (heavy) steel rim

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe someone who's done the conversion would sell you their rim Blake. I would, but mine is in bad shape. But, if you want it, it's yours for the price of shipping;

View attachment 210818

View attachment 210819
Thanks for the offer Ski, and Mr. Bub is right about some heat and elbow grease, but I already picked up the rim on partzilla, gonna take it to the Wheelmaster up here in the Tacoma/Auburn area and see if he can lace up the front wheel hub from a TW (for disc brake) to the rear rim, then work out the spacers to get it aligned... Hoping it works out, then all I gotta do is hunt down some newer front TW forks and sell the BW forks...

·
Registered
363 Posts
You gonna disc brake the BW frontend?

Reactions: TWBigBlake

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You gonna disc brake the BW frontend?
Yessir, that's the plan, with some of the parts the bike may end up being a bit of a pig, figure a disc brake might help with some stopping power.

Hey Blake,

The front and rear wheels of a TW have different spoke counts.
The wheelmaster guy up here has a fabricator he thinks will be able to take care of setting up the front wheel, so I'm not super worried about it, I'm just wondering how much that is gonna cost me lol.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Psssh...you wanna save money or be famous?

Reactions: Westieterrier
1 - 12 of 12 Posts