TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, I have put my TW through a transformation in preparation for fall. Normally, my bike is a daily commuter, so I love the white to help be seen by the idiot cagers. I finally got around to building myself a set of racks inspired by the previous work of r80rt and Toyanvil. Front is from 1/2" steel tubing, 11" x 12". Rear is 1/2" solid 6061 aluminum bar, 16" x 23.5". I have also obtained a second tank and a second set of plastics over the past year, so I went with a camo scheme for hunting season...or the Zombie Apocalypse. I decided to use Plastidip (https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php), mainly because I wanted to be able to remove it from the tank at least in the future. I think it came out pretty good. My first attempt. It's mostly freehand with a couple of stencils that I cut out of printer paper to add some dimension and to break up some of the color blends. I've added some of the camo form (Camo Form® Reusable Camo Wrap: Conceal Guns and Camouflage Gear - McNett Tactical) around the handguards, etc. I wanted to be able to switch fairly easily back and forth whenever I wanted. You have to love the versatility of this bike! Although, now that it's like this...I don't know if I'll ever switch back. :D

Before:

Current:

front rack:

rear rack:

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The camo looks great, but I especially like your front rack and will do something similar one of these days. Nice job!

·
Registered
13,328 Posts
I like what you've done to the place!:p One of the best camo jobs I've seen done on any motorcycle. Yea, I'd have a hard time changing back when the seasons change again. Good Job!

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Love the camo look and would just keep it and buy a yellow helmet for road work. The front rack looks like real crap so just send it to me for recycling:p

In other threads we have coined the term "Girly Bike" and your white and my 1991 purple seem to fit. Awesome how a new dress can completely change the bike from Cute to Bad Ass. Very nice work for sure!

You have to see what Bucknutz just did with his that would absolutely go along with your transformation, added a Duro Power Grip rear and some knarly front tire and the bike looks great.

GaryL

·
Registered
236 Posts
Seriously digging the front rack. If you ever had any interest in making some more, I'm sure a few guys here would love one including myself.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Seriously digging the front rack. If you ever had any interest in making some more, I'm sure a few guys here would love one including myself.

I agree Braden but I think I see a small blemish on that one he has so he should just make another and send that one to me so I can recycle it and fix it up!

I do love my Cycleracks rear rack but they have to get with the program on the front ones and raise it up so as not to block the head light.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, thanks everyone for the kind words...it's nice to have a little sunshine blown up your backside from time to time. :cool:

What kind of seat/cover are you using?
winks...Amazon.com: Coleman Comfort Ride ATV Seat Protector: Sports & Outdoors They occasionally are found in the Cabela's bargain cave for as little as $9.88.

I agree Braden but I think I see a small blemish on that one he has so he should just make another and send that one to me so I can recycle it and fix it up!

I do love my Cycleracks rear rack but they have to get with the program on the front ones and raise it up so as not to block the head light.

GaryL
GaryL, I did not notice that blemish before! You'll be happy to know that I immediately removed that rack, cut it up and sent it to the scrap recycler. You no long have to worry about that eyesore! :p

Braden, thanks for liking what I did with the front rack. I love this forum, and I could be persuaded to help some folks out with this. To know for sure, I would first need approval from r80rt, as this is where I extrapolated the design from. I am a horrible businessman, so I know I wouldn't be making much for the time spent. I don't own a shop or anything, but I have access to everything needed, and I'd be doing the work in my spare time. If I had some solid interest from some folks to do a batch of them, it would probably make it worth it. I would need an idea of what people would be willing to spend. Quantity? Shipping? Paint? Powdercoat? Color?...all considerations to know if it'd be cost effective.

Thanks again everyone, Larry

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Put me down for a front rack at around $100 and painted either gloss black or the engine grey.

GaryL

·
Registered
323 Posts
Nice! Looks great. I really like the camo mods :D.

My ability to customize is limited to stuff I can bolt or strap on, so put me down for a front rack if you do a run. ~$100-150, black paint/powdercoat. If it'd be possible maybe level the rack a bit and it'd be a huge plus if the cycleracks panniers/Kolpin rack mounts coud hang from it to allow fuel carrying. Definitely be a worthwhile addition.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Put me down for a front rack at around $100 and painted either gloss black or the engine grey.

GaryL
Ditto on that.

I would be down, $100 + shipping, engine grey powder coat similar to the cycleracks would be my vote.

Maybe start a new thread regarding the front rack and you could judge how much interest there is from that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts