TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Well the 30 hours of straight rain, after the sunny afternoon Wednesday ride may have slowed down the color trails, but I can still tweak some of the few dozen photos into 3D shots...this is one along the St Marys River in northwestern Auglaize County, Ohio...

·
Registered
22,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Gee Pat, when I first saw your previous pic of the the St.Marys River I had assumed it was a photo of just another flooded Ohio street you were about to TW down testing your waterproof Gaerne boots.;). Body of water Natural landscape Bank Nature River
Nice Autumn colors though. Hopefully you can get out and see more.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Gee Pat, when I first saw your previous pic of the the St.Marys River I had assumed it was a photo of just another flooded Ohio street you were about to TW down testing your waterproof Gaerne boots.;). View attachment 54034
Nice Autumn colors though. Hopefully you can get out and see more.
You do notice the nice GREEN color of the river however....our Grand Lake pours into and creates the St Marys...even here, so 10 miles north of the Lake the Alga can still be seen....that ain't no camera trick...the Green is good old fashion Alga, which has been plaguing Midwestern Lakes{including Erie} for about 6 years now ....:eek: Way to much farm runoff and chemicals from the area mega~farms....

·
Registered
22,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Do TW sunsets count? This is Mr.Gizmo the night the headlight failed.

Or the curious wildlife we see on the trail?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
I made it up Lundy Canyon to attempt a better shot of the scenery TopPredator had admired. Truely beautifull canyon, those beavers live in a very scenic place

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Fred those are some amazing pictures. Thanks I sure would like to see Lundy Canyon in person some day.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Fred and Hoot,

Those photos are amazing..... really entices me to get back out there :D

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
22,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
While I carefully crop out the civilization from my snapshots there are resorts and amenities available @ Lundy Lake. Packhorse trips can be arranged into the wilderness which begins ~1/4 mile beyond beaver pond headwaters, or just park your TW and hike in, no permits required. Nice Golden Trout fishing, hunting and sightseeing away from Yosemite's crowds in seldom seen country are added attractions.

·
Registered
22,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Resurrection time: Don't know if you can see most of my pictures for I sure can't since the forum was re-imagined by VerticalScope Inc. So time for new photos in the new TW200 Forum .
Heading out for the FULL MOON and ASPENS next weekend. Anyone familiar with Sagehen Summit east of Mammoth?
Flower Sky Plant Mountain Cloud

I want to explore some new terrain but fear re-opening of National Forests may not occur next Friday @ midnight.
If closed to I risk outlaw camping or simply head east on the loneliest highway( HWY 50) to Great Basin National Park, so seldom visited that it does not charge entry fees. "Please come! Our caverns cave formations are more diverse than Calsbad, we have Nevada's highest point,13,000 ft + Mt Wilson. We need visitors so we can increase our budget"
Sky Cloud Plant Mountain Tree

" We have many thousand year old Bristlecones to enjoy" ...though not as old as the 8,000+ year old field of aspen clones by Fish Lake, Utah.

Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Wood

More aspens and hot springs lurk in the basins and ranges that I'll follow along the old Pony Express Route and Overland Stage routes.

Explore for new, or go with the proven eastern Sierra fall color gems?

·
Registered
22,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Problem is don't have a wide enough camera lens to cram all the scenery into one shot. Not my photo, by G Dan Mitchel
Water Mountain Water resources Plant Ecoregion

·
Registered
22,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Great Basin photographer, I, and probably a thousand others must have stopped at same place. His colors and timing were better than mine.
Sky Cloud Mountain Plant Plant community

·
Registered
22,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Still time to catch some colors in upcoming few weeks, TW friendly places like this snapshot from a small pre-COVID group ride. If you don't see yourself in the photo remember you could be in a future one.
Plant Sky Tree People in nature Wood

Good leaf scattering time of year is soon upon us. Just ask Donzo. :)
Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel Tree

Cloud Sky Plant Leaf Tree

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I'm afraid this year out west will be a bust for color due to the extreme heat and dry conditions. My own trees are starting to turn but not into the brilliant reds my dogwoods and Chinese Pistachios normally do. The alders and birches as well are not turning yellow. All are just turning crispy brown. I thought I had under-watered them, but no. They are just a product of the extreme weather this year.
I was hoping to make it to Hope Valley today but the fire just North and East of Kirkwood has kicked back to life and could not make it. You know that area, Fred. It's granite with a sprinkling of trees. Hardly imaginable that it could sustain a burn with the large open granite divides between the stands of trees. But it's so dry, the fire fighters can not get a handle on it. Now it looks like Christmas Valley may burn after the efforts to save it so far.
A couple photos of Hope Valley in September of 2013 Went to bed watching the full moon on the Autumn Equinox and woke to snow.
Atmosphere Sky Automotive lighting Dusk Tree

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Snow Vehicle

The next day, Caples Lake with ridge line above in snow. Today's high was 74.
Water Sky Water resources Mountain Snow

21 - 36 of 36 Posts