TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
False Freedoms (freedom as we "know it" is a rotten line) - sex on a plane...

Canadian woman convicted of having sex on a plane

I hate this day-and-age of false freedoms. So she had a good time with a guy on a plane? So what? Who cares? let people do what they want. It disgusts me to no end that someone would be arrested for something like this and labeled as a criminal. Pathetic!

Whether one agrees with her behavior or not is not even relevant. Let her do as she pleases! What has the world come to!? These days a man can't even ask a woman on a date without having to stop and think about how to do it in the most politically correct way possible, lest he risk being arrested, jailed, and charged with who-the-hell-knows which rotten crime. And now he has a criminal record. Ridiculous!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Personally I would not want to sit next to that going on. Or on the seat afterwards...I could not care less what they do in private as consenting adults, but this was not the right place.
It also appears that the woman made the worst of it by fighting the cops and then kicking a hole in the wall, and finally at trial giving the excuse that she had been drinking. Maybe she brought the criminal charges on both of them by being abusive when asked to stop, instead of being cooperative...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't understand why you are defending her actions, she doesn't even condone them;

"I feel ashamed … it's not my character," she testified, according to CBCNews.
That you see nothing wrong with sex in public, especially where others can not just leave and go someplace else, like in a plane at 38,000 feet, is something you need to think about. There probably were children on board, but you don't seem to care. Common decency and respect for others has gone right out the window. It's all about 'me, me, ME' and to hell with everyone else. Even your language here on this post shows you care nothing about the sensitivities of others. You cuss, you swear and for what purpose? To impress us? To throw in our face that you can? Grow up

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Excuse me Miss? This seat smells like the back my old 78 Chevy Van. Oh no problem I just want to know where I can buy the seat spray you use.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Don't understand why you are defending her actions, she doesn't even condone them;

That you see nothing wrong with sex in public, especially where others can not just leave and go someplace else, like in a plane at 38,000 feet, is something you need to think about. There probably were children on board, but you don't seem to care. Common decency and respect for others has gone right out the window. It's all about 'me, me, ME' and to hell with everyone else. Even your language here on this post shows you care nothing about the sensitivities of others. You cuss, you swear and for what purpose? To impress us? To throw in our face that you can? Grow up
That statement was a "public apology." Anyone worth their weight in salt knows what those are all about... And no, I do not see anything at all wrong with sex in public. We are human beings; we have sex. People who are ashamed of this are the ones who "need to think about" that. I have plenty of respect for others. Your assumption to the contrary is short-sighted. Sex is not indecent, it is a normal and healthy part of human life, which many in our society, such as yourself, have come to label as "indecent." Also, there is nothing wrong with sex in front of children. That is how they were created in the first place, in fact. So often people such as yourself try to veil reality. Well I've got news for you - it doesn't work. Human beings will learn the things they want to know; trying to shelter them is nothing more than a damaging waste. My language is just that - language. There is nothing at all in my post that shows that I "care nothing about the sensitivities of others." The nature and meaning of what is said is that which matters, not how it is said. That I care nothing for others is an assumption that you made because you disagree with what I wrote. As for the "purpose" of my diction in this piece, you made more assumptions. The cussing was to emphasize certain portions of it, and my anger over the event depicted in the news article. For you to assume that my sentiment on this subject is all about "me, me, me" is quite shallow indeed. I am just as passionate about other people's freedom to do as they please as my own. In fact, the very nature of my argument in this post concerns OTHER people's freedoms to do as they wish in the world. So I really don't see how it is all about me, as you say.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bonznarras: I'm not condoning or defending her other actions, which could have (we don't know the full story) actually harmed someone else. Assault is another matter entirely. Again, the article carefully omits details of the "assault", which may or may not have been as simple as a push/shove.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The coarsening of our culture and our world.

This is why I ride, to GET AWAY from this twisted-farcical culture we are developing...
That is one of the major reasons I ride as well. Society doesn't allow individuality. Rather it herds people like sheep, through narrow passageways, to the sides of which awaits only economic ruin, prison, and death.

·
Registered
583 Posts
THIS...is the perfect post to say.....WITHOUT PICTURES....IT DIDN'T HAPPEN :D

We want pictures...we want pictures...we want pictures (come on, join me in this chant)...we want pictures :)
The "lady" in question lives not far from me.......I'll see what I can do??;):rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,206 Posts
All I can say is I hope everyone who wants sex is having lots of sex.:p
Just like I hope everyone who wants to ride their motorcycle is riding their motorcycle.
As far as mixing the two ya better get a note from your doctor.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bonznarras: I'm not condoning or defending her other actions, which could have (we don't know the full story) actually harmed someone else. Assault is another matter entirely. Again, the article carefully omits details of the "assault", which may or may not have been as simple as a push/shove.
I am glad you see that assault is infringing on the freedom of others. Common ground.
I feel for the cops on scene and know they have some latitude in how to let things go, but they have to keep control. I just read between the lines here, admittedly intoxicated, sex in public with a stranger, fighting police and destroying property....might be someone who called on the bigger hammer from the tool box! I am a firefighter/EMT, and see people not at their Sunday best, and sometimes they take a bad situation and push it farther downhill. Responders have to react by guidelines that they will be held accountable to, and they have to look out for everyone, not just the center of attention of the moment.
As to your other reply, I am not against sex. I just think it should be by consent. If I am forced to be a participant as a spectator, I lose MY freedom.

Consider that lots of people enjoy listening to someone play the trumpet. Great jazz, hot riffs, cool. Now put the trumpet player in a crowded elevator. Ouch! See what I mean? Wrong place, don't want it.

Someone once said your right to swing your arm stops at the tip of my nose. Think about it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Damn, been so long since I've had sex, I'm not even sure my "you know what" is still there, more likely just a flap of skin down there to keep the dust out haha. Sorry if this offends, just trying to make a funny without foul language.....

·
Registered
667 Posts
A Canadian woman had sex on a plane, eh? What was that all aboot? Sounds like quite a kerfuffle for sure...

·
Registered
814 Posts
Opinions! Let me drop my drawers and....... RRRRRRRRR. What kind of bogus thought is that? Nothing wrong with having sex in a crowded plane? There sure is something wrong with that. If it was OK, she would not have had an encounter with the authorities. At first I thought it took place in the restroom, But NO, in the cabin. Stupid people having sex in the cabin. Do it next to my seat and the authorities will be the least of your worries.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If it kept up it probably wouldn't have been long till a line formed, then she would have been pulling a plane instead of a train. I know the restrooms are small, but two can fit in them...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts