TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked on Wikipedia for info on a bike I found on Craigslist, and found this: "The Yamaha TY80 is a trials styled motorcycle produced by Yamaha Motor Company from 1974-1984. When new it was capable of around 260 mph." Wow! I want one of those! :D
I wonder if it gets a thousand mpg while doing it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_TY80

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to show you (as you probably already knew this) that readers can CHANGE into on the Wiki sites, look at what that same link shows on the TY80 ......NOW.

Specs[edit]
Capacity: 720cc
Type: Trials
Manufacturer: Yamasaki
Stroke: 5-stroke
Made: 1874-1984
Gear Change: 14-speed, foot change manual
Tyres: Back: 3x14in Front: 2.5x16in

You can click on the SAVE button on the bottom of that link, after making changes, but afterwards, it reverts back to the former info.
And now instead of trials, it says "duel sport." It's a jousting bike! :p

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Just to show you (as you probably already knew this) that readers can CHANGE info on the Wiki sites, look at what that same link shows on the TY80 ......NOW.
Everyone except scientologists, actually. Everyone from the Church of Scientology has been banned from editing anything on Wikipedia.

Also it is a misconception that anyone can change a Wikipedia article, you can only submit changes to an article- which then is actually changed by an administrator.

The mach 0.3 TY80 is most likely just a typo in conjunction with an oversight.

I have seen some quite humorous stuff on wikipedia though- but it's usually fixed fairly quick.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyone except scientologists, actually. Everyone from the Church of Scientology has been banned from editing anything on Wikipedia.

Also it is a misconception that anyone can change a Wikipedia article, you can only submit changes to an article- which then is actually changed by an administrator.

The mach 0.3 TY80 is most likely just a typo in conjunction with an oversight.

I have seen some quite humorous stuff on wikipedia though- but it's usually fixed fairly quick.
I agree that it is a misconception. I'm actually a big fan of Wikipedia.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
And now instead of trials, it says "duel sport." It's a jousting bike! :p
Bust out the lances and lets DOOOO THIIIIIIIS!!!! Haha.

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
The Admiral is an engineer!
Accent is all wrong. Plus I'd start out the youtube monotone narrative with something like, "no shit there I was, just monkeying around with some spare parts in the shop". That how you can really tell if it was an approved Admiral engineering project. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts