TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
i have a new 241 on the front and was thinking the same thing, that its a tad heavy fro the front i think a lighter tire would not push the bike around.... i run logging roads old and new at 50 miles an hour , and it seems that it wants to wash out on corners and in the striaghts wen i hit sand at that speed ,its a little crazy....

·
Registered
435 Posts
Always thought of that too, I'd even go with a 300 if available. I think in the sand it would be way better, JMO.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it comes in a 3.50. I was wondering if anyone ran one.
The front rim is kinda wide (2.15) on the TW
Im thinking a 1.85 rim would be the max width for a 3.50 size tire to sit correctly

·
Registered
912 Posts
Beware! I have no idea what I am talking about:

I decided on the Sinco sr244 4.50. Ya, I know. However, it seems just right, for me. I NEVER go over 40 on gravel roads. I just don't. Too old, I guess (68).

For me, the TW is a "trail tractor". I love the way it handles dirt and gravel roads but I like the off road open field performance the best. I do stream and vegetation surveys and manage construction sites in, sometimes, wet and mucky ground. The TW just chugs along. It is low enough to get on and off of, repeatably, comfortably. It likes to get dirty.

I have been thinking about trying the sr241 in a narrower size but the 244 is still brand new.

I read every tire post but, for now, sr244, for me.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I know it comes in a 3.50. I was wondering if anyone ran one.
The front rim is kinda wide (2.15) on the TW
Im thinking a 1.85 rim would be the max width for a 3.50 size tire to sit correctly
Shinko recommended rim size for the SR241 3.50-18 IS 2.15".
For the 3.00 it is 1.85".
And for the 4.00 it is 2.5".

Might be an interesting experiment to see if the skinnier tire works better in the sand; since we don't have the power to bring up the front end in the sand like other bikes.
However; it would seem that we'd lose some of the suspension cushioning aspects of the fatter front on the harder stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts