TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know a few of you have these amazing machines. Earlier this year a trespasser rolled through my place atop one. Real nice guy; he stopped ,apologized for the intrusion and we chatted a bit while I refilled his water bottles. He had been camping out up in the hills and had quite a bit of gear including a 10/22 strapped to top tube. I was intrigued by the cut-outs in the wheels showing the inflated tire/tube. Even with all the camp gear the loaded bike was easy to pick up and very easy to peddle a bit on my driveway. They say true only dumb question is the one you don't ask and I neglected to ask about his tires. Clever stuff but how does one keep sand and debris from entering gap between rim cut-out and the air bladder? th-17.jpeg th-18.jpeg Last pic could be Borneo's with all the female admirers th-19.jpeg

·
Registered
258 Posts
Air pressure .i don't have one of those bikes .......yet ,but I will soon if I am good for another two months of sleeps ,unless when I finally ride one I find it's a huge pig to ride ,I don't do slow and pokey well .

·
Registered
806 Posts
A few tears back a compadre built his own fat tire unit compleat with an "extra cycle" extension
for hauling cargo. He and a friend then proceeded to ride from Alaska to the tip of South America
all on backroads. He said the fat tire was excellant for hauling and off road travel, perhaps not
so good if you were concerned about efficiency. Heavy and high friction compared to a std mtn
bike tire.

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
..................Earlier this year a trespasser rolled through my place atop one. Real nice guy; he stopped ,apologized for the intrusion and we chatted a bit while I refilled his water bottles. He had been camping out up in the hills and had quite a bit of gear including a 10/22 strapped to top tube..................
Maybe if I had a 10/22 strapped to my TW people would be nice to me.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Around here they are called "snow bikes" Surly Bikes | Surly Bikes is the popular brand. Holes in the rims reduce weight significantly. Most folks here do not ride them in the summer, way to much energy needed to move those big, soft tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts