TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what's your thoughts on this recent surge of news on this? I can't help but feel a bit alarmed. Should I go buy that new AR asap?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you think labeling manufacturers and dealers as "high risk" would really deter banks from giving credit to them?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok, I have lots of excuses I could use :)

I hope fear-mongering is all it is. It's easy to get swept-up in the collective paranoia that evolves from the internet these days. With a lack of credible news sources that portray our world as it is and not as it seems (or should seem), it's almost impossible to know what one should value as important.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
$6 billion Estimated revenue generated by the gun and ammunition industry in the U.S., according to an analysis by business research firm Hoovers

$5.1 billion Estimated federal and state taxes (business and excise) generated by the industry in 2012, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Gun sales have slumped tremendously since January. A good round of fresh fear-mongering is needed to stoke the retail fires. But I don't think this one is going to be the one.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I realize I've been a bit cryptic Adam, so let me explain. Think about how large the gun and ammo industry is. Big. Ok, now consider what they really do to advertise...not big. Ask yourself, what drives sales in this market? Let's say beyond legitimate use consumption. Fear. Yep. Watch what happens to gun sales right around elections and after any shooting tragedy. Problem with this kind of spotty new is that you can't really even tell who is behind it. Combine that with slumped first quarter firearm sales across the board...well, like I said, find a better reason to get that AR.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do understand that this supply and demand is triggered by outside influences that are ever so delicate. I haven't had the time to look into this too much and I guess, I'm just being lazy and seeking opinions from ya'all in an effort to quell my fears.

I do value the feedback on this virtual world of ours, as there are many different views and the majority of members are older and wiser than I and therefore, you have more to base your opinions on than I.

Thank you for your responses.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I do value the feedback on this virtual world of ours, as there are many different views and the majority of members are older and wiser than I and therefore, you have more to base your opinions on than I.

Thank you for your responses.
^^^^ Adam says to a virtual world computer generated program named Borneo....

just kidding! I know Borneo is a real person..... or at least I think he is.... ;) :D

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
That filthy communist POS Obamanation is out to destroy America. Every morning I wake up praying someone close to him has the courage to do what has to be done.
Been reading my facebook page? :cool:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I would pick up a Colt 6920 if I was going to buy another and not build it myself. They are better than money in the bank and the next time there is another scare the colts will go through the roof again. They always do because people want what the military uses. During this last craze I seen them selling for $4000-4500 on gunbroker. You can pick one up for $950-1100. Dont let anyone tell you that they are all the same. There are differences in materials selected between $500 AR's and $1,000+ guns. Here is a pretty good site to learn the differences in parts being made on these guns. The AR Guys dont forget you need at least 1,000 rounds backup and a dozen clips. Your dollar may be losing value but this stuff keeps going up.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Funny thing is most rifles adequate for deer have much better ballistics for zombies than ARs and M15s/16s. Both were on my canoe, but I'd much prefer my hunting rifles in .308 Winchester, .35 Whelen, and .300 WinMag when terminal effect really matters. Too bad I can't find that canoe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts