TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
This just really pisses me off. There is absolutely no reason that someone on disability or with a rep payee should be disqualified from owning a firearm is they are otherwise mentally fit to do so. My god i hate liberals!!!!!

My mother is on SS and i am her rep payee. That alone should not disqualify her in my opinion. The fact that she has Alzheimer's should but the gooberment does not seem to care about that part. Wouldn't having doctors that are treating someone with a mental illness report that as a disqualification be a better idea? The uphill battle i have had to fight with my mothers disease is insane. The woman can hardly operate a toaster yet they state retested her for her drivers license 6 times and she failed it 6 times, they would still be testing her if i didn't just stop bringing her. Same goes with guardianship. My mother is not of sound mind to make any sort of decisions for herself and getting guardianship to protect her has been a huge uphill battle that has cost me thousands of dollars in lawyer fees and is still not resolved yet.

Registered
This just really pisses me off. There is absolutely no reason that someone on disability or with a rep payee should be disqualified from owning a firearm is they are otherwise mentally fit to do so. My god i hate liberals!!!!!

My mother is on SS and i am her rep payee. That alone should not disqualify her in my opinion. The fact that she has Alzheimer's should but the gooberment does not seem to care about that part. Wouldn't having doctors that are treating someone with a mental illness report that as a disqualification be a better idea? The uphill battle i have had to fight with my mothers disease is insane. The woman can hardly operate a toaster yet they state retested her for her drivers license 6 times and she failed it 6 times, they would still be testing her if i didn't just stop bringing her. Same goes with guardianship. My mother is not of sound mind to make any sort of decisions for herself and getting guardianship to protect her has been a huge uphill battle that has cost me thousands of dollars in lawyer fees and is still not resolved yet.
+1 ^

Lets see, when was the last report of a senior gunning down someone? And how does a beaver fall a tree, one bite at a time, just the way our constitution is being destroyed.

Registered
Excellent post from JB

They're so worried about guns.....but they don't care about how corrupt the trillion dollar corporate (JUNK) food industry and pharma industries....both of which sell extremely toxic chemical laden processed food products and poisonous manmade drugs that pre-maturely end more lives that violence ever will. Oh wait, they're bought and paid for by these very industries so of course they won't ever shut them down.

Registered

Liberals just can't understand what "Shall not be infringed" means. It needs to be in simpler language.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #8
LT, you need to change the thread title to: The feds are trying to.....

Every time I skim along the thread titles' I see: FREDs trying to take away our gun rights... - Damn you Fred!!! -J-

ha ha I've read it also and seen and thought the same thing!! :p
Back off Fred!!! ;)

Registered
Liberals just can't understand what "Shall not be infringed" means. It needs to be in simpler language.
I have to respectively disagree with you on the tobacco issue. Let me preface this by saying I'm a non smoker, always have been and always will be but I do believe it is not the governments place to regulate what people put into their bodies. It goes against our basic freedoms.

It's a slippery slope the thing too, ban tobacco because it's bad, then it's alcohol, sugar etc. s

Registered
It's a slippery slope the thing too, ban tobacco because it's bad, then it's alcohol, sugar etc. s
I'm not sure how your health care system works, but I think you will find it becomes an issue when tax payers start footing the bill for smokers healthcare. How did Obama care work? Wasn't that the beginning (or addition?) of a public healthcare system over there?

Registered
Obama Care, like all the M'Fer's programs is a Disaster....cost going through the roof....

The Son of a Bitch needs tried for treason and once convicted...give him the rope:

Rope.jpg

Registered
Even pre Obomination care we already footed the bill for lots of smokers. Same with alcoholics and drug addicts. That is nothing new.

The issue i have is taking away someone personal freedoms, it goes against the very thing that this country was founded on. Once they start taking away personal freedoms where does it stop? That is the problem i have with such a thing, it can lead to a tyrannical government. We fought the British to gain independence from tyranny, we don't need to go back there. In my opinion alcohol is every bit as bad if not worse than tobacco. It kills drinkers and innocent people every day, causes people to loose their jobs and become homeless because of addiction, pickles peoples livers when they abuse it but since its more popular than smoking nobody wants to talk about that.

Like i said i'm not a smoker, never ever will be. Had a grandfather that dies of lung cancer from smoking and two uncles that had the same. I do wish it was different for them but it was not. They made a choice to put that in their bodies and suffered the consequences and as free Americans they should be allowed to do just that without the government stepping in.

Obamacare is a joke btw, its going to cripple the middle class and make us all poor( which is exactly what the liberals want so they can controls everyone and get them dependent on the system) because the costs to insure everyone is unsustainable.

Registered
Obamacare is a joke btw, its going to cripple the middle class and make us all poor( which is exactly what the liberals want so they can controls everyone and get them dependent on the system) because the costs to insure everyone is unsustainable.
Ahh see, that's my point. Whether you agree with the system or not, the genie is out of the bag now. Because so many people rely on it you will never turn it around. Therefore, the people who fund it (taxpayers) start demanding (also voters) that it be run more efficient. Governments then start legislating against things that they can control to make it cheaper - the low hanging fruit is lung cancer etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts