TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I’m new here. Here’s the story. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I recently bought a 2012 TW with only 100 miles on it. I took the carb off and had Yamaha in Houston go through it for me. After I put it back on the bike it started up great, purring beautifully. Once I would give it some gas in second gear it would start surging/bogging down around 20-30 mph. I called Yamaha (cause I’m new and dumb) they told me to shim the needle. I shimmed the needle adding one shim per test ride. I ran out of shims after 3 but it didn’t seem to fix the issue. Any ideas? Thought of just dropping the whole bike off with them to tune?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Welcome aboard, brother! First, I would ask if the air/fuel mixture screw is accessible. Second, I would suggest removing the shim, and starting with an air/fuel mixture adjustment first. Shimming the needle is much further down the line of carburetor tuning...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts