TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone looking to clean up the rear end

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I bought a similar one off eBay. I did not like how the turn signals looked, so I bought another without the turn signals and added replacement signals in smoke from eBay as well. You'll have to look close to see the tail light and turn signals.
I also vecroed on the license plate for clandestine operations. Ha!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a similar one off eBay. I did not like how the turn signals looked, so I bought another without the turn signals and added replacement signals in smoke from eBay as well. You'll have to look close to see the tail light and turn signals

View attachment 212870
Very clean! This kit doesn't force you to use the integrated signals so it's very similar to what you have there. Any aftermarket signal can still be used.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Very clean! This kit doesn't force you to use the integrated signals so it's very similar to what you have there. Any aftermarket signal can still be used.
True, but the LED's for turn signals are now extra LED's for brake and running lights. Makes for an overall brighter running and brake light.

Anyone wanting my all-in-one tail light, let me know. Free, including shipping to the first person who asks that I like. (Yea, I'm prejudice and favor those who have helped others over just anyone)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the ebay one also. Can't beat the price. I liked the integrated turn signals though. I can knock a rear turn signal off any bike so the built in should save me some $.

·
Registered
113 Posts
can you guys provide links or the ebay taillights and blinkers, pretty please.

information overload looking LOL

thanks

·
Registered
21,594 Posts
I paid about around $10 for mine years ago from another source, one can chose to use integrated amber LED turn signals or combine the turn signal leads to brighten either red tail or brake lights with a little extra amber illumination.
Still lots of similar offerings, simply check Amazon or eBay.
  1. ANKIA 12V 16 LED Universal Motorcycle Integrated Brake Tail Running Light Turn Signla License Plate Lamp (Smoked Black…
FEIFEIER 12V Motorcycle Integrated Brake Tail Light Turn Signals License Plate Bracket LED (Black Bracket Smoked Cover)

Reactions: GrichG

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think id like the turn signals to be separate. Living in So Cal the cops can be picky about certain things
Yeah. Same in BC.

MOTOR VEHICLE ACT REGULATIONS Division 4.02 (4) (a) no turn signal lamp may be combined optically with a stop lamp unless the stop lamp is extinguished when the turn signal is flashing;

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah. Same in BC.

MOTOR VEHICLE ACT REGULATIONS Division 4.02 (4) (a) no turn signal lamp may be combined optically with a stop lamp unless the stop lamp is extinguished when the turn signal is flashing;
yep and they are suppose to stick out a certain distance. They have been more picky about loud cars and moto lately.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is the same light on ebay for $18 plus free shipping. Maybe he's buying off eBay and remarketing here for a $30 mark up?
Look very closely at the photos between this eBay listing and his photos. The markings on the lens are identical.
Motorcycle 16 LED Turn Signals Brake Light License Plate Integrated Tail Light | eBay

Here's the eBay light;
View attachment 212873

Here's the Tachindustries light;
View attachment 212874
Our lights are sourced from a supplier so it is possible they are for sale in other places. What you won’t see is our bracket. We cut the bracket, brake it, and powder coat it right here in Arizona. The bracket is specifically designed for the TW. It bolts in directly in place of the factory tail light housing. The eBay kit does not have anything to bolt onto the tw brackets from what I can see. The fact that our license plate mount looks the same is simply because it is a standard license plate design.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Our lights are sourced from a supplier so it is possible they are for sale in other places. What you won’t see is our bracket. We cut the bracket, brake it, and powder coat it right here in Arizona. The bracket is specifically designed for the TW. It bolts in directly in place of the factory tail light housing. The eBay kit does not have anything to bolt onto the tw brackets from what I can see. The fact that our license plate mount looks the same is simply because it is a standard license plate design.
You can see how it mounts in this picture. Again specific for this bike and I assure you we wouldn’t be in business if we bought all our products from someone else.

·
Registered
168 Posts
There are a ton of sellers selling the exact same product for prices all over the board. I have the same light on multiple bikes. On the TW I had to drill new holes in the bracket and bend it to an angle I liked. On my cruiser I just flipped it upside down and run blinkers separately. They are a clean looking option IMO.

$50 seems pretty steep but if you don't have the tools or skills to mount a generic version it may not seem so bad.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
That's a game changer. Your post, the link and the photo in the link doesn't mention the mount.
Here's a photo of my mount I fabricated.

·
Registered
647 Posts
These same lights are on Ebay for less than $20. Lots of very similar lights and brackets on Ebay for $18 - $25. $50 seems insane. Are these made in the USA or China?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
These same lights are on Ebay for less than $20. Lots of very similar lights and brackets on Ebay for $18 - $25. $50 seems insane. Are these made in the USA or China?
Made right here in Mesa Arizona. If anyone is in the area feel free to swing by and talk tw’s

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Since our biggest competitor would be the tidy kit from pro cycle which doesn’t include blinkers is priced at 64.95 we feel as though we are competitively priced for the market. It’s not for everyone and that’s okay. There is time and labor involved designing, cnc cutting, braking, powder coating, packaging, and marketing. We do have overhead just like every other company as well. Manufacturing in the states isn’t cheap but we’re doing our best to pass on the best prices possible to our customers. Stay tuned as we will be releasing more TW parts in the near future. Thanks for the feedback everyone

1 - 20 of 59 Posts