TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Both the light and bracket are made in Arizona?
The bracket is 100% designed and manufactured in Arizona. The light itself was sourced from a supplier locally and I would assume it is sourced by them overseas. To manufacture an LED light in the States would be more expensive than our entire kit.

·
Registered
647 Posts
One thing you may want to do which I don't see anyone else doing is offering just the bracket so we can choose our own light.

·
Registered
21,597 Posts
Let's be nice to an American company.
Once vendor showed how their bracket integrates light with subframe mounting the value becomes apparent. Their original post lacked this all important detail and thus caused the critiques of seemingly too high cost by others, of which I am equally guilty.
While we could replicate a crude approximation of the bracket I feel Tachindustries offering has clean professional look worth the asking price, certainly better than anything I could fabricate.
However to keep the clean look with any of the similar offerings we still might want to do a little customization on our own. I saw a need to seal the underside of my fender, or carry a rag to wipe clean periodically. Mud and water on the trail inevitably drools down onto light and license plate from the fender and sub-frame above.
Sealing these gaps is not easy once the black OEM inner fender. is removed. I've given up after experimenting a bit and simply live with a dirty lens and license plate. Not likely an issue though to those in dry climates like Mesa , Aridzona. :cool:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Let's be nice to an American company.
Once vendor showed how their bracket integrates light with subframe mounting the value becomes apparent. Their original post lacked this all important detail and thus caused the critiques of seemingly too high cost by others, of which I am equally guilty.
I agree. I 'cleaned up' my post in light of the revelation of the main selling point; the custom mount. Market this feature by at least mentioning it and posting a photo on the link and you are likely to get more interest in this product.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Since our biggest competitor would be the tidy kit from pro cycle which doesn’t include blinkers is priced at 64.95 we feel as though we are competitively priced for the market. It’s not for everyone and that’s okay. There is time and labor involved designing, cnc cutting, braking, powder coating, packaging, and marketing. We do have overhead just like every other company as well. Manufacturing in the states isn’t cheap but we’re doing our best to pass on the best prices possible to our customers. Stay tuned as we will be releasing more TW parts in the near future. Thanks for the feedback everyone
A lot of this info would've been great to have added in the original post, especially as being a new member on the board. With little info about your business, etc., I took it as just some others here may have....that it was possibly overpriced, and very similar set-ups already out there on the web for cheaper.

Seems a bit more legit, and understandable now. Marketing is everything!

Good luck with sales! (y)

·
Registered
550 Posts
I bought a similar one off eBay. I did not like how the turn signals looked, so I bought another without the turn signals and added replacement signals in smoke from eBay as well. You'll have to look close to see the tail light and turn signals.
I also vecroed on the license plate for clandestine operations. Ha!

View attachment 212870
Your bike looks great!

·
Super Moderator
6,110 Posts
A little bit of research is a wonderful thing – looks like the company is primarily a laser cutter of steel, but they also bend and powder coat. Some of the more domesticated stuff is here - Products - but if you look at the links at the top of the page it seems they’re opening up their range

As it stands, the only M/C parts they do are for the TW200, which is a good start - but the site is worth looking around …..

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
344 Posts
ANKIA 12V 16 LED Universal Motorcycle Integrated Brake Tail Running Light Turn Signla License Plate Lamp (Smoked Black…
I have this same one built into my tail setup, with the integrated signals & smoke lense. It’s decent, not quite as bright as I’d like for daytime viz, but acceptable. I silicone sealed the lense onto the housing to avoid ingress of water.

For additional street visibility, I have separate rear LED signals as well as a custom LED light bar, with integrated signals & a brake light safety flasher modulator wired in, so the cagers have no excuse for testing that fat rear tire.

The LED lightbar is between the top case and the Moose Rear rack, mounted to the top case baseplate. It’s 12”, brilliant bright, & impossible not to see, unless they’re texting, eyes down.

All fitting & fabrication, brackets, wiring & mounts were mine, from scratch.

4+ years... & nothing’s fallen off yet!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Since our biggest competitor would be the tidy kit from pro cycle which doesn’t include blinkers is priced at 64.95 we feel as though we are competitively priced for the market. It’s not for everyone and that’s okay. There is time and labor involved designing, cnc cutting, braking, powder coating, packaging, and marketing. We do have overhead just like every other company as well. Manufacturing in the states isn’t cheap but we’re doing our best to pass on the best prices possible to our customers. Stay tuned as we will be releasing more TW parts in the near future. Thanks for the feedback everyone
Makin' it at home! Keep it going guys. P

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Very good to hear that! What else do you guys make for the TW? Will be saving your company info. for the future. Patrick
For now the TW is the focus. Delete kits are shipping daily, skid plates are in the final design stages(trying to make it production friendly with bends so we can crank them out for a solid price. Have gold anodize in process on the skids for all those with the pro taper bars or the black and gold bikes looking for that little extra something. We’re trying to come up with a rear rack that’s different from the competition and budget friendly. We’re small and yes our sign business keeps us pretty busy but 2021 is a brand new year and we’re going to grow as much as possible. Motorcycles are just our next step to get into a new market so we’re going to hit it hard and try for at least 1 new product a month. Getting the design just right and working our pricing down to be the best prices around just takes some time and we don’t want to ship an untested unproven product. We want to be a solid name in the motorcycle world so that means we need solid products that speak for themselves when it comes to quality and design.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
A lot of this info would've been great to have added in the original post, especially as being a new member on the board. With little info about your business, etc., I took it as just some others here may have....that it was possibly overpriced, and very similar set-ups already out there on the web for cheaper.

Seems a bit more legit, and understandable now. Marketing is everything!

Good luck with sales! (y)
Completely understandable. First post on the forum assuming people would click the link instead of focus on just the first picture posted. Noted for the future for sure! We’ll do better with new product descriptions for sure! And thank you!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought a similar one off eBay. I did not like how the turn signals looked, so I bought another without the turn signals and added replacement signals in smoke from eBay as well. You'll have to look close to see the tail light and turn signals.
I also vecroed on the license plate for clandestine operations. Ha!

View attachment 212870
Having bought a couple did you find one you liked without integrated blinkers? Link? thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Having bought a couple did you find one you liked without integrated blinkers? Link? thanks
You don’t have to run our blinkers. You can use whatever blinkers you’d like and use our license plate mount with tail/brake/and license plate light only. It’s not a forced option but it’s there if you’d like to use it.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I did, but was so long ago, it's no longer listed on my purchased list on eBay. The primary reason I like it better is that there simply are more LED's for the brake and tail light, making those brighter. That was a concern I had on the one I bought with integrated tail lights; none of them seemed to be bright enough for safety in my opinion.

I do not know how bright the OP's are here, just that the one I bought off eBay, which looks exactly the same light assembly to me, wasn't very bright during day time running. I didn't want to trust a car to see it and hit me by accident. Maybe these he's selling here are brighter, maybe not. Perhaps the OP can address how they came to use this particular light assembly and how bright it is compared to competitors on eBay.

·
Registered
265 Posts
For now the TW is the focus. Delete kits are shipping daily, skid plates are in the final design stages(trying to make it production friendly with bends so we can crank them out for a solid price. Have gold anodize in process on the skids for all those with the pro taper bars or the black and gold bikes looking for that little extra something. We’re trying to come up with a rear rack that’s different from the competition and budget friendly. We’re small and yes our sign business keeps us pretty busy but 2021 is a brand new year and we’re going to grow as much as possible. Motorcycles are just our next step to get into a new market so we’re going to hit it hard and try for at least 1 new product a month. Getting the design just right and working our pricing down to be the best prices around just takes some time and we don’t want to ship an untested unproven product. We want to be a solid name in the motorcycle world so that means we need solid products that speak for themselves when it comes to quality and design.
Hey TI, I have a 2021 and would be interested in being a test platform for you as well. I am in Oregon. Would be interested in your skid plate, but I’ve heard they gather great amounts of sand and mud, and some are loud, it’s been mentioned. Would you offer one with some well-spaced holes or slots throughout?

Either way, nice website and am impressed with what you guys are up to making good stuff here in the USA. Patrick

·
Registered
2004 TW200, Jets 'n Shims, DGV2, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS LED BLK
344 Posts
For now the TW is the focus.
Always great to hear! TW's have "ok" aftermarket support, not great, so there's always room for more quality vendors, more good product ideas. Kudos for reaching out to the community. Really rich product/market research in the pages of these forums. Best of luck with your venture!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts