TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have been a lurker for a very, very long time, and I am finally saying hi from Durban, South Africa.
I have wanted a Tdub for a long time, and have been through a few other bikes and a whole bunch of reasons why I couldn't just yet.

Needless to say, I am finally getting the Tdub after years of lurking and reading.
I am picking up a new 2013, which I should get the week after next (I am away all of next week unfortunately) and whilst I know they are trail bikes I am going to hollow-mod mine over some time as budget allows and use it for my 4 mile one-way daily commute and some other, around town riding. I have been infatuated with the idea for some time, but have recently been tempted all the more by a friend-of-a-friends' Hollow-mod which I had the pleasure of taking for a spin around our offices' parking lot a while back

The friend-of-a-friends' ride which didnt help my infatuation.
IMG-20130413-WA005.jpg

I will ride her as is for a while yet though, and whilst we here in South Africa dont have a lot of trail-riding areas, I think I will taker her up Sani Pass which is a 4x4/motorcycle-only dirt road up a mountain side to the South Africa/Lesotho border.

Other than that I will be trawling the forums for more info and advice as I go, and I will start a build thread once I get going.

Registered
welcome to the forum, we've had a few so africans on here, though not many still active. there's lots to learn on here, a lot of knowledgable folks willing to share. i've learned a lot.

beautiful and inspiring country you have.

Registered
Greetings and welcome.

Super Moderator
Hello,

I have been a lurker for a very, very long time, and I am finally saying hi from Durban, South Africa.
I have wanted a Tdub for a long time, and have been through a few other bikes and a whole bunch of reasons why I couldn't just yet.

Needless to say, I am finally getting the Tdub after years of lurking and reading.
I am picking up a new 2013, which I should get the week after next (I am away all of next week unfortunately) and whilst I know they are trail bikes I am going to hollow-mod mine over some time as budget allows and use it for my 4 mile one-way daily commute and some other, around town riding. I have been infatuated with the idea for some time, but have recently been tempted all the more by a friend-of-a-friends' Hollow-mod which I had the pleasure of taking for a spin around our offices' parking lot a while back

The friend-of-a-friends' ride which didnt help my infatuation.
View attachment 1090

I will ride her as is for a while yet though, and whilst we here in South Africa dont have a lot of trail-riding areas, I think I will taker her up Sani Pass which is a 4x4/motorcycle-only dirt road up a mountain side to the South Africa/Lesotho border.

Other than that I will be trawling the forums for more info and advice as I go, and I will start a build thread once I get going.
Don't know if you have seen this link, there are 16 pages of hollow mods, might be helpful for some ideas for you.

Photos - TIWIE CUSTOMIS

Enjoy!

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
@littletommy - Wow thanks!

I am back from my trip and picking up my TW tomorrow, I cannot wait, my current ride, a 2005 Yamaha SR250 has almost 100 000 miles and is just plain tired!
I cannot wait to be on something a little fresher!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Aaaand so I've just had my Tdub dropped off!
Super stoked with her, I cannot wait to run her in, get the 1st service out of the way and then start modding here and there.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
So, I've put a lowly 450 or so kms on the bike so far and I am loving it so very much!
Commuting almost daily, but 4 miles one way is not exactly long distance.

I've still got that to go again before my first service, and I continuously think to myself, I could just kep her stock, but I am still keen to start switching her up in the future.

IMG-20131123-01190.jpg

So yep, so very glad to have gotten the Tdub!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts