TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another TW owner found a Flex-Jet that worked on his TK carb. Evidently he lucked out because R&D doesn't actually make one for our bike. Until now.
R&D is 1 city over from me, so I dropped off my carb and he built 2 kits for me, same day!
He took notes so that if anyone else contacted him he could make more.

So if you're interested give him a call and he will get one out to ya.

This handy lil gizmo allows you to adjust your idle mixture on the go without tools. Which for me is great because I ride at so many different elevations and temperatures.

https://www.r1dean.com/contact/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'll have to read up about these. Definitely interested. How does it work? Hopefully more simply than the dial-a-jet.

Tried messaging but it didn't go through. How much for one of these?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Another TW owner found a Flex-Jet that worked on his TK carb. Evidently he lucked out because R&D doesn't actually make one for our bike. Until now.
R&D is 1 city over from me, so I dropped off my carb and he built 2 kits for me, same day!

This handy lil gizmo allows you to adjust your idle mixture on the go without tools. Which for me is great because I ride at so many different elevations and temperatures.

Thank you so much! I just called him and I’m ordering two tomorrow!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Good work!
I modded up my own and it's great to just reach down and twist the little knob along with the idle speed knob and set up the slow circuit while sitting right on the bike and not burning the piss out of fingers!! This is especially useful for riders that ride in the mountains or otherwise change elevation regularly.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Sent him and email! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
Price?
Hate to bother the guy with another e-mail just to determine cost.
If reasonable compared to cost of fabricating my own with just a simple silver soldered extension will place an order.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Price?
Hate to bother the guy with another e-mail just to determine cost.
If reasonable compared to cost of fabricating my own with just a simple silver soldered extension will place an order.
Dean quoted me at $50 a pop. Sold, American! Pulled the trigger on this today, convenience is coming....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts