TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Long story short I would rather keep my KLR than sell it or trade it in for what I could get for it, so I'm going to!

That being the case, I decided to farkle the old girl up to make it "mine" and get the protection and luggage capacity I need to use it as the budget adventure-tourer I originally intended.

This Morning:

This afternoon:

I posted more details and pics in a thread over on KLR650.net

Reactions: billmags and dette

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Greetings fellow KLR owner, nice looking ride! I really need to do something with my '95. The Malibu Barbie look is getting really old.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That looks like a Stealth Fighter! Nice job

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Sweet. I sold my KLR and put the money towards Tdub2's build. I seriously considered a fat 19-inch front tire and rim and more street oriented tires than the 760s, but I already have another street bike. Not an easy choice, but no regrets.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the kind words! I put about 100 miles on today and the new fender is definitely much more stable in the wind, between that and the new shield the bike is much more comfortable to ride on the highway.

Sweet. I sold my KLR and put the money towards Tdub2's build. I seriously considered a fat 19-inch front tire and rim and more street oriented tires than the 760s, but I already have another street bike. Not an easy choice, but no regrets.
I'm actually thinking about a set of 17" supermoto wheels + tires for a second set, and then putting DOT knobbies on the stock wheelset. Not this month though! $$$:eek:$$$

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looks good!

Good to hear you decided to keep it - personally I love my KLR, it complements the TW nicely. Only bad thing is it seems to have the largest selection of aftermarket parts availability of any bike on the planet. :D I have farkled mine up, and still have more I'd like to add.

It would be interesting to start a KLR thread to see how many TW riders own one, and of course include pictures to enjoy.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Very nice KLR. Every now and then I get the itch for one. If the right one comes along I just might have to scratch that itch.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
The KLR is a lot like a bigger Dub. Not great at anything but good at a lot of things. That and you can make it into pretty much any sort of ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts