TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
You've got some good skills...and tools. I'm jealous as I don't have a lot of either. haha

I've wanted a "utility" trailer for use around the ranch, you know, take the garbage up to the dumpster, real ranch work. I do like the setup and hope it works as you intended. Nice job.

·
Registered
634 Posts
What's your standoff for trailer mounting bracket from the rear tire? Looks close. Does it have enough space to handle full range of chain adjustment?

On the upside, it should be a nice mud scraper!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
That is very cool. Made it even more utilitarian than it was before. Great craftsmanship.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Awesome job. If I were to get a trailer for any of my bikes, I would want it to be similar to yours. Moto mule makes one, if I remember correcly. And welcome from KS.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
That last "like" was for your signature not your post. Brilliant.

Tom:eek:
Unfortunately I didn't come up with this but when I seen it I had to include it in my signature. I agree... it is Brilliant :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I plan on putting a whole mule deer gutted on it, I drove around a 300lb guy on the trailer it was a little wobbly but driving out the game I plan on keeping it in 1st gear down the trails anyway. pulls great with just gear loaded on trailer and rides good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The standoff is set at 1.5" however it will move with my chain adjustment. I took the spacers on the side of the tires and tuned the OD down and slipped over a piece of steel and welded it to the spacers. This steel is what my trailer hitch bolts to with shoulder bolts that way the trailer will float up and down going over hills. It also pivots side to side between the trailer and the hitch for turning. With the hitch being attached to the spacers as I adjust for my chain the trailer will move up and back with it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The standoff is set at 1.5" however it will move with my chain adjustment. I took the spacers on the side of the tires and tuned the OD down and slipped over a piece of steel and welded it to the spacers. This steel is what my trailer hitch bolts to with shoulder bolts that way the trailer will float up and down going over hills. It also pivots side to side between the trailer and the hitch for turning. With the hitch being attached to the spacers as I adjust for my chain the trailer will move up and back with it.
Very nice solution to an otherwise potential problem!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts