TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Finally...First Ride of 2020

2K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Fred 
#1 ·
I'm free...free at last! For one day anyway.

Had to head out of the hills into the Idaho Desert to get some riding in.

I was very rusty and rode slower than I usually do

What is this little fella doing all tied up

Someone left this little Teddy Lion to fend for himself.

Swan Falls Dam on the Snake River

An old grade heading down to the river. I've hiked this in past years.

On a motorcycle down by the river

Spring is in the air out in the desert. The Porta-Potties are starting to bloom.

The bone yard. I'm pretty sure they are ancient dinosaur bones undiscovered until now!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Excellent, Admiral! I just might have to load up the bike and head down in elevation and a few hours south for my first ride of the year. Living at 9000ft can make for a long TW'less winter.

Reactions: admiral
#3 ·
I just might have to load up the bike and head down in elevation and a few hours south for my first ride of the year. Living at 9000ft can make for a long TW'less winter.
Exactly what I had to do to cure the itch. By the way, the itch ain't cured.

#4 ·
Then keep riding to treat that itch!
Sounds more fun than treating my TW as an agricultural machine today...plan is to drag several hundred pound loads of cut mountain mahogany brush out to the back 40 after another cup of coffee.

#6 ·
Being a Pirate Capt., I fully understand the theory and practice of hi-jacking.

Besides, many of us like you are well versed in the pulling power of the TW's whether for work or play.

#10 ·
Awesome. Looks like we missed each other by one day. Granted, we may have missed each other since we were generally riding in different areas. I've got many years and miles of riding in the Owyhee Front.

#9 ·
Wow, our bikes could be twins! You probably drove right past my house on the way there too.

#13 ·
If you give me a day or two heads up maybe I could trailer my TW down to ride with you. I won't be offended if you'd rather ride your own ride though. I don't want to pressure anyone to ride with someone else when they'd rather ride alone. I get it.
My home base is out of Garden Valley/Crouch just a few minutes (hours) north of Mistervelocity. haha!

#12 ·
Me? South of Marsing on 78.

#14 ·
Mr Velocity and/or Admiral, I would enjoy it very much to ride with you. I am planning on going next Tuesday, or Wednesday to Rabbit crk OHV park. It is the OHV park just before murphy. Easy trails in the area. Might be too "easy" for you guys?
Is there a way to get in contact and send my phone number?

Thanks, for the invite to join up for a ride.

#15 ·
Sounds like fun but I'll be working out of the country through most of next week. But my schedule gets more flexible after that. We could probably work it out through PM.

#16 ·
Tuesday works best but Wednesday could work depending on departure time. Wednesday I have an appointment and couldn’t leave garden valley until about 10:00 a.m. it would take me about 2 1/2 hours to get to rabbit creek staging area. Let me know a meeting time at rabbit creek staging area.

#17 ·
Looks like will be doing some long range shooting on Tuesday and Wednesday morning in the same area. Wednesday would be fine because we fold up shooting by 11 am. I plan on riding Wednesday afternoon and alsoThursday. Will be camping. We could meet somewhere closer? Maybe Hemingway buttes OHV (Reynolds creek) or Wilson Creek? Or come out Wednesday and ride both Wednesday and Thursday?

#18 ·
That Rabbit Creek looks and sounds inviting for springtime riding.
From Alltrails.com. " Rabbit Creek OHV Area is a 87.9 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Murphy, Idaho that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is best used from May until September"
Off-roading Geological phenomenon Rock Off-road vehicle Vehicle

#19 ·
That Rabbit Creek looks and sounds inviting for springtime riding.
From Alltrails.com. " Rabbit Creek OHV Area is a 87.9 kilometer lightly trafficked loop trail located near Murphy, Idaho that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for off road driving and is best used from May until September"
View attachment 203920
These trails are part of a very large OHV trail system which even extends up to and around Silver City. Great riding when it's not hot.

#21 ·
Enjoy the moonlight. I need to get out even if told it will be a wild week:

Daylight Savings Time...
Full Moon...
Friday the 13th...
No more face masks and running out of toilet paper...
How will we ever survive?:cool:

#22 ·
For me to catch Monday's first Supermoon full moon of the year , (the Crow Moon, Crust Moon, Sap Moon, Sugar Moon, Worm Moon, Lenten Moon, etc) I would need to go north or west. Perhaps the Black Rock Desert north of here? If firm enough I can cut across the playa only 8 miles or so to to base of the Black Rock. Cloudy otherwise here.
Mountainous landforms Sky Mountain Natural environment Natural landscape

Near there are some mini dunes good to base out of and provide alternatives to the flat out cruising on the playa. Very tempting for a night ride. Hot springs on this side of playa deadly hot though.
Mountainous landforms Sky Mountain Natural landscape Wilderness

Reactions: oldworld 124
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.