TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted a round headlight forever. I just like the look of it. Could never find the right parts to do it. Found a post the TW200 World group on Facebook that linked parts. Credit to Nick Vandermaas.

Headlight:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068C0QJY/?coliid=I1UCAZHR1LH2Z1&colid=3JEONKTX6J5PD&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Mounting brackets:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YB46S1G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You also need two metric screws to mount the light to the brackets. I don't know what size because I found some that I had.
And I used some rubber strips where the brackets wrap around the tubes, so it grips better.

It was plug and play. The TW headlight connector plugs into the new light. It was easy.

In my perfect scenario the new light would be an inch less in diameter, but I still like it a lot.

IMG_20190914_110832760_HDR.jpg IMG_20190914_111017728.jpg IMG_20190914_110938954_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Very 70's, I like it.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Yeah...cool!

·
Registered
56 Posts
kingflynn, you might be on your way to a different looking bike........
I really like the look of this bike but would need a second bike to chop on.
Chopped.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ho
I always like the round headlights, but if you're gonna be spending time off road, you might want to get a rock cage for it or throw some tape on there to prevent the glass from shattering and flying all over if it gets hit by debris.

View attachment 197816

View attachment 197818
[/QUOho
I always like the round headlights, but if you're gonna be spending time off road, you might want to get a rock cage for it or throw some tape on there to prevent the glass from shattering and flying all over if it gets hit by debris.

View attachment 197816

View attachment 197818
Howdy,
Do you happen to know the manufacturer of the grill ?
I believe it would be a big plus
Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well I was trying to find one when I was doing my KZ550 build but I was trying to find one for a 7" light on eBay... what I got was like a rubix cube trying to get it to mount... I'll see if I can find something and report back.
Are you looking for a 6" headlight stone guard?

·
Registered
382 Posts
One thing to mention would be if you settled on a 5.75" headlight, there are plenty of stone/rock guard options on amazon or lowbrow customs for about 20 bucks. Other larger headlights have guards, but they stay more manufacturer specific, and the universal ones will make you throw tools trying to get them to fit correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I was trying to find one when I was doing my KZ550 build but I was trying to find one for a 7" light on eBay... what I got was like a rubix cube trying to get it to mount... I'll see if I can find something and report back.
Are you looking for a 6" headlight stone guard?
The 6.5 was what i was looking at.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts