TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, lurked this board for a while now but finally took the plunge on a TW.

I’ve owned many motorcycles over the last 18 years (3 ninjas, a gsxr, an fz09, a vfr800, an Africa twin, and some Honda minis) but finally last week scored a sweet deal on a TW.

This bike for me is a great reflection of life and age as I venture through and things change. As I got older (37, with two young daughters) I’ve seen my life slow down and priorities change. My ability to ride and tour on the AT was non existent and I wanted to sell off some bikes and find something that allows me to get out of the house, take my girls safely, and not break the bank.

Welcome to my stable, a 2021 TW I bought with 450 Kms on it. Have some bars and risers on the way and when I can get over the Mental block of the exchange rate, duty and shipping, ordering a JNS light and a skid plate.

Thanks for the great resource here!

BTW I am located in Newfoundland, Canada. Lots of land here to explore.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Both are awesome! You will love the tdub and thanks for sharing the pic of the Honda, very nice.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey Junior,
Welcome and glad you joined the Dub club. When you said you'd owned or own, a Africa Twin, you triggered my response here. I have an '18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT. That is one seriously fun motorcycle. And, the DCT being fully automatic, makes for some seriously pleasurable riding without shifting. I love that thing. It's just a bit BIG for most if not all the type of trails I run the Dub on though. But, if I want to go over 40 mph, I'm on that A/T!
Scott

Attachments

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Congrats Jr!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.
FIRE UP, I have to agree my AT is a 17 6 speed. It’s a great bike at speed and super impressive, but I found with my young family it doesn’t get the use and really it’s like leaving a lion in a cage. The TW for me will be the low speed, single track hog that may never break 50 (km/h for me) and with very little free time it will be what I get to use most. Having friends with similar bikes and similar work/child commitments will make the Tw the weapon of choice for most rides.
I already went against my brain and ordered the JNS DOT headlight in black, and the ricochet skid plate, which I assume will arrive here at some point. The previous owner put pegs on it and I’ve talked Tommy local connect for bars and risers. I don’t know if this thing needs a whole lot more other than someone at the helm

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
659 Posts
That is one fine looking A/T. We got the same top box! Halleluiah for Harbor Freight! But, I've since determined that mine, which is the same size as yours, is just too small. I got it full of regular daily stuff and no room for inconsequentials. Oh well, 'nother subject. Great bikes. So's the Dub!
Scott

·
Registered
209 Posts
You've covered a good portion of the basic upgrades. Look into hand guards to protect your levers in a fall and your fingers when threading trees. They also fend off windchill. Ride it for a while now and see what else your riding style dictates. Would a taller seat help with the leg cramps? Would a shorter seat help with control in rock gardens? Always hitting reserve? An extra gallon tank bolts in. Frequently exhausting reserve? Doubling the tank capacity involves just a little fab skill. Enjoy riding when it's cold? Throw on some Tusk hand warmers and enjoy the extended riding season.

Run in to a hurdle, post it here and this bunch will solve it for you.

·
Registered
79 Posts
You'll find a lot of us have or have had Trail 70s. They both have a unique appeal that draws similar folks.

Sent from the demons in my head
I'd love to find a Trail 70 someday to mess around with. Never have seen one up close but that was my dad's first bike, lot of sentimental value and good stories. Plus they look like hoot to tool around in.

Congrats OP, agreed TW is a great slow down and have fun bike. Hard to go wrong with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks folks, yeah the CT is a fun little bike for sure. I feel like this TW does it’s intended purpose tho and fills a niche that covered off parts of every bit of motorcycling.

I am excited to get more seat time on the TW.

outside of the mods I have already on the way, I’m looking for the beat rear rack which won’t cost me a fortune here in Canada. And just for the vanity side of me, I’d love to get some clear or smoked signal covers..found a few links that look right but are never available.
Bikes soon getting tucked away for the winter so I have lots of time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts