TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Looking forward to a complete report. Please include source and wiring connections. Also, please describe how quick the tach reacts. I have a digital tach, but it's slow reaction requires I hold an RPM for a few seconds to get a reading. If I blip the throttle, it doesn't see it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking forward to a complete report. Please include source and wiring connections. Also, please describe how quick the tach reacts. I have a digital tach, but it's slow reaction requires I hold an RPM for a few seconds to get a reading. If I blip the throttle, it doesn't see it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
thank you it’s awesome to be on here! So I didn’t take note of my exact wiring connections, but I will look at it tomorrow to get an exact schematic. As far as reaction time, it’s pretty instant. I tried posting a video but it wouldn’t allow me to.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Absolutely, will do!
so here’s the link. Everything is working great, reaction time of the gauge is awesome. As far as longevity goes I will give you an update after I get some hours racked up on it.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Fellas, I’m fresh to the tw200 forums, I don’t know what the h3!! I’m doing or responding to so bear with me! I’m slowly trying to navigate all of this 😂
Im just glad to see the forum has softened their stance on tachs a bit more. The last time I posted about installing one it was like an angry pack of wolves on a three legged cat.

Nice setup, are you using a pickup coil? Or tapping the CDI wiring?

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Im just glad to see the forum has softened their stance on tachs a bit more. The last time I posted about installing one it was like an angry pack of wolves on a three legged cat.

I remember that post
I like to have a tach myself ☺
My thread on adding a tach was flamed pretty hard as well

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I tapped the signal wire and the ground directly to the ignition coil. The constant 12v and switched 12v I wired to the ignition wiring on the left side of the bike under the fuel tank. As far as accuracy goes I compared it to another cheap tach/Hour gauge I had and they were neck and neck although my new gauge is way more responsive. Oh and the dimming wire I put on a toggle switch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I tapped the signal wire and the ground directly to the ignition coil. The constant 12v and switched 12v I wired to the ignition wiring on the left side of the bike under the fuel tank. As far as accuracy goes I compared it to another cheap tach/Hour gauge I had and they were neck and neck although my new gauge is way more responsive. Oh and the dimming wire I put on a toggle switch.
Here is the switch for dimming
I remember that post
I like to have a tach myself ☺
My thread on adding a tach was flamed pretty hard as well
I don’t understand, why were members having a problem with the tach subject?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts