TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Looking forward to a complete report. Please include source and wiring connections. Also, please describe how quick the tach reacts. I have a digital tach, but it's slow reaction requires I hold an RPM for a few seconds to get a reading. If I blip the throttle, it doesn't see it.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
At idle I’m at about 1000-1200 depending on my screw adjustment, and yes it holds very steady and is very responsive. It revs up to 9500. As far as the light goes, it does not turn off but it does dim 30% which I put on a toggle switch.
The light can be turned off if you add another switch to the mix. There's a 'black-out' version you can't see the display if the light is out too. However, it's my experience that lights go out and that would make the tach worthless in the black-out version. I want your version and I don't plan to hook up the light. I don't ride at night and even if I did, I wouldn't need a tach while doing so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts