TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1977 Kawasaki KZ650. Ive spent the last 2 years S L O W L Y fixing or replacing just about everything on this bike. Yesterday I finally got the carbs on, she fired right up. I need to do some fine tuning and a sync but just couldnt stand it any more. Took her for a spin up and down my dead end road. Shes never run so nice since Ive owned her. At my age its pretty difficult to do any more............but she gave me a little wood :)

It has been torn down more than this pic but this is the only "torn down" pic I have.

This vid is after I came back from my short ride up and down the street. Pretty dry, and I tend to ramble :)

After I get everything fine tuned and the weather improves Ill take her for a longer shake down run. In May Im riding her from Atlanta to Colorado Springs. Ive done an IronButt Saddle Sore (1000 miles) on my sporty, Im gonna do a Bun Burner (1500 miles) on the KZ. It will be the only KZ650 to have done it and one of the oldest bikes to have done it (officially anyway).

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rog, first....we have all seen the pictures of your girlfriend, so the statement that at your age you rarely get any wood.....is not working on this forum.
She is a good looking woman :)

Next, are you thinking of doing a Bun Burner 1500, or a Bun Burner GOLD ?

The Bun Burner 1500 is 1500 miles in under 36 hours. The Bun Burner GOLD is doing the same 1500 miles, but in under 24 hours. :D
Gonna play it by ear. If I can do the first 1000 miles in less than 16 hours Ill go for the gold. If Im right at 16 Ill have to judge how I feel. Over 16 Ill grab a hotel for a few winks :)

Ive gotta imagine youve done a few. On average how long did it take you to do 1500?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts