TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I joined the site after buying my first T-Dub in 2015. Four days after getting it home a young lady on her phone turned left in front of me and I slammed into the side of her car. The bike held up pretty good but was totalled due to a crack in the steering yoke. I was lucky and only ended up with 28 stitches and a bruised rib. My body hit the car and my arm went through her side window and gave me a gnarly gash the length of my forearm. I was literally only 3 blocks from my house and was only wearing a t-shirt, shorts and sneakers. I could have easily been killed on this one and consider myself warned about wearing the proper safety gear. If I had a riding jacket on for example, I would have walked away with only bruised ribs. Lesson learned...helmet, jeans, boots, gloves, riding jacket from now on.

Anyway, I finally got around to getting another bike so my son (he has a '94) and I can do some moto-camping around Michigan. I'm looking forward to doing some mods and buying some camping equipment. We'll be looking for some rider groups around Michigan as well. Love the site and all the info and plan on many visits in the future. Ride safe!

IMG_1502.jpg

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Glad you came out of that one with just some lessons learned. Glad you didn't break anything. Hang around with us, hope to find you on a ride soon.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
You are a lucky one being able to tell us that story.
Congrats on the new bike. Ride it happy & safe.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Glad you survived!
What happened to the "young lady"?
Congrats on the new bike..."Mods R Us"!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I'm not sure what happened to her. A ticket for sure. She called the ER while I was getting stitched back up to see if I was ok. I give her credit for that. Hopefully she learned a lesson too...

·
Registered
378 Posts
Glad you survived to tell the story. Closest I've come was leaving a scuff mark on a guys door. Seems he didn't know the rules of a traffic circle and drove right in front of me.Then had the audacity to swear at me like it was my fault. When I offered to call a cop he declined. "I don't have time for this shit!" and drove off.

Keep us posted on what you get for your adventures. And share your experiences out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts