TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a long time looking at used bikes me and my brother just went and picked up 2 Brand new t dubs

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Congratulations! You've got twins! Two main mods to start with- cyclerack, it's saved my plastics, pegs and turn signals too many times to count! And a more aggressive front tire, if you do any off-roading you will know why the first time the front end slides out from under you.

Many folks will tell you to go ahead and switch to an oring chain but I prefer to get my moneys worth out of the stock one.

Carb can be tuned but I personally have been having a hard time with that.

Depending on your height, you may want to get risers or a taller set of bars.

Theres plenty more that can be done but that should get ya started!

*edit: I have been trying to convince my brother to get a bike too. He's 30 and i'm 27. Needless to say, I am jealous. I don't think i'll ever convince him...

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Nice! many fun adventures await you and your brother. Make sure you have a good camera and show everyone your local riding spots you find (and your brother falling...). Many things you can do to your bikes but of course thats up to you. I still have original tires and havn't had a problem with it. I've only fell off once down a rather steep deep sandy hill but wasn't the tires fault...LOL. If/when it wears out then going to a better tire as many on the forum have suggested.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Congratulations! You've got twins! Two main mods to start with- cyclerack, it's saved my plastics, pegs and turn signals too many times to count! And a more aggressive front tire, if you do any off-roading you will know why the first time the front end slides out from under you.

Many folks will tell you to go ahead and switch to an oring chain but I prefer to get my moneys worth out of the stock one.

*edit: I have been trying to convince my brother to get a bike too. He's 30 and i'm 27. Needless to say, I am jealous. I don't think i'll ever convince him...

+1

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

would love to get a cycle rack and a clarke tank but that will prob be next year.... i finally got him talked into it ive only been beating his ear for about 2 years.. hes 27 and im 28

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Congrats and welcome....gentleman!. Definetly do the carb mod-(larger main jet....and the pilot screw at approx. 2.5 turns out)....easy to do and you both will enjoy the machines much more!.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Cute!

PSC, you can't get your money's worth out of the stock chain. If you try, you'll wipe out the sprockets along with the chain. Switching to an o-ring chain now will be less money than replacing the sprockets once you add in enough on chain cleaning and lubricating supplies to pay for the replacement chain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts