TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy, that doesn't look like it would do too good in the dirt!!!:eek:

Even my gravel driveway feels like Moab with those 40psi slick tires! But the open road is a joy. A few of us rode to Lake Tahoe yesterday for Lunch and a ride around the lake. So happy to live so close to such a fun, beautiful place. Going camping there next week. :cool:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Even my gravel driveway feels like Moab with those 40psi slick tires! But the open road is a joy. A few of us rode to Lake Tahoe yesterday for Lunch and a ride around the lake. So happy to live so close to such a fun, beautiful place. Going camping there next week. :cool:

Glad you enjoyed Lake Tahoe. The last time we were there, about maybe 7-8 years ago or more, during July I think. We rode our Goldwing from Ramona CA to there. We decided to take a day and ride around the lake 'cause we'd never done it and it was new. What a serious mistake! Nothing but traffic, almost the entire 360 degrees around that lake. And, road repair/construction about 1/2 way around it. Stop-go-stop-go-stop-go-stop go...…

About a zillion cars and people everywhere. We tried several times to stop some place and admire the shore line. Almost a complete shutout. We finally found one spot, 'cause I could stuff that bike in a slot not quite big enough for even a small car. That trip, around that lake, took us every bit of 3 hours, start to finish, back at our hotel, on the south east tip. It's a beautiful place, but, way too crowded for us.
Scott

·
Registered
275 Posts
Finished the accessorize section of my TW goal...now need to make it better performing in the dirt, way better. Can barely recognise it"s ability on trails. One step at a time..great info here
That is the most tricked out tdub of all time. You had to spend thousands on accessories. The fabricating skills are outstanding. I can't even tell it was originally a TW200. I really like the headlight and wind-shield! Where did you get them?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you enjoyed Lake Tahoe. The last time we were there, about maybe 7-8 years ago or more, during July I think. We rode our Goldwing from Ramona CA to there. We decided to take a day and ride around the lake 'cause we'd never done it and it was new. What a serious mistake! Nothing but traffic, almost the entire 360 degrees around that lake. And, road repair/construction about 1/2 way around it. Stop-go-stop-go-stop-go-stop go...…

About a zillion cars and people everywhere. We tried several times to stop some place and admire the shore line. Almost a complete shutout. We finally found one spot, 'cause I could stuff that bike in a slot not quite big enough for even a small car. That trip, around that lake, took us every bit of 3 hours, start to finish, back at our hotel, on the south east tip. It's a beautiful place, but, way too crowded for us.
Scott
Yes, it can get real traffic esp on weekends! I always plan to turn around and head back down toward South Lake if busy - was clear this time around.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is the most tricked out tdub of all time. You had to spend thousands on accessories. The fabricating skills are outstanding. I can't even tell it was originally a TW200. I really like the headlight and wind-shield! Where did you get them?
Where else, China and Procycle! And magic ;)

·
Registered
19,434 Posts
If one can't go off-season when the crowds lessen then touring around Lake Tahoe can be fun after hours. Let the moon come up, the dinner time traffic thin and then twist the throttle! By then wind generated waves have died down and a mirror-like lake can reflect the moonlight quite nicely. emerald bay moolight.jpg

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I've ridden around the lake at night while camping at Nevada Beach, sweater weather and so beautiful. All the best view spots are wide open, on a moon night it is incredible!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts