TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Gaucho knots aren't they? A close relative of turks heads but rarer. Back in the day I tied a few gauchos just to prove to myself that I could.
Gauchos are usually tied with flat leather thongs whereas turks heads are most often done with round cordage.

·
Registered
425 Posts
For the other rides....

Three questions Sir:
1st- what material did you use?
2nd- Do you sell those?
3rd- Who made the bit?

I have an officer that loves her Horses more than her life and I showed her the reins and the bit and she loved them. I don't know if she would actually buy them but she does spend more on her Horses than herself.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Three questions Sir:
2nd- Do you sell those?
3rd- Who made the bit?

I have an officer that loves her Horses more than her life and I showed her the reins and the bit and she loved them. I don't know if she would actually buy them but she does spend more on her Horses than herself.
Your officer sounds just like my first wife! She still has the horses but not me because I traded for a TW with much less maintenance! Until Flathats showed the horse bitt I thought I was looking at some weird sex toy that might have been in 50 shades of gray. Very nice work by the way and I was amazed while serving in the USN watching the parachute riggers making some real fancy rigs with chute cord, Monkey fist thingys I think they called them.

GaryL

·
Registered
425 Posts
Your officer sounds just like my first wife! She still has the horses but not me because I traded for a TW with much less maintenance! Until Flathats showed the horse bitt I thought I was looking at some weird sex toy that might have been in 50 shades of gray. Very nice work by the way and I was amazed while serving in the USN watching the parachute riggers making some real fancy rigs with chute cord, Monkey fist thingys I think they called them.

GaryL
Well you could use them that way I guess...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Three questions Sir:
2nd- Do you sell those?
3rd- Who made the bit?

To answer your questions...
1. Rawhide made from a Black Angus steer....he ate really good also....
2. I have sold sets in the past, but time constraints now limit me to just doing personal work...lots of time invested...
3. The bit is a Les Garcia...made in the early 60's...

Lots of time and effort in this set....and compared to a lot of my buddies I am a novice...

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Beautiful "Western art"!
And meant to be used...the very best kind.
Very impressive.
You an old cowboy?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts