TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who else loves bonfires?...lets see some pictures of your pit setups and fires...i know some of you guys with a lot of land must have some rippers...figured i would see if anyone else has any good fire pit ideas as well...

clearing my house lot in 2008...may as well have a fire to get rid of the brush...

new fire pit 2010...fire brick and cobblestones...5' in diameter...

mandatory requirement...

these are fun...

little fire pit maintenance in 2013...my yard slopes at about 5.5% from front to back and all the runoff from a portion of my driveway and back yard flows down through the area of my fire pit...so basically in the area where i burnt all the grass around the pit, the heavy rain loosens the material and the flow from upgrade washes it away filling my pit with water and soil as well as loosening the stones around the pit...so i had some of that black flower bed edging hanging around and bought a little over a half yard of 1.5" blue crushed stone (about 2-3" depth) and some weed fabric to hopefully channel the water around the pit...hopefully it works and the edging doesn't melt or catch fire...

before

after...pay no attention to the 26 xmas trees in the background

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Nice work on the firepit.

My makeshift one was made out of old concrete blocks, which soon crumbled into pieces under the heat.

I had to cut down and dispose of a stand of bamboo.

Fire was the easiest way to get rid of it.

jb

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice work on the firepit.

My makeshift one was made out of old concrete blocks, which soon crumbled into pieces under the heat.

I had to cut down and dispose of a stand of bamboo.

Fire was the easiest way to get rid of it.

jb

nice!...i agree concrete and red brick aren't great for fire pits...i had a fire in an old backyard red brick wood grill and the bricks were popping and hot pieces of brick were flying out of it

·
Registered
127 Posts
Aluminium tractor trailer rims aren't the best either
At my neighbors bon fire in such rim on a windy night we decided the fire would be better if we shimmed the rim up with some bricks to get some air flowing. Well it made a perfect blast furnace and melted a good 1/4 of the rim! Wish you were closer point you rock the fires!

Ryan

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I built this one for a campground. Octagon, 48" across, 8 panels - 20" x 24" - 1/4" steel plate - 1" vent holes - 1 1/4" cold rolled round bar for cap - welded and ground smooth - Rustoleum bbq paint - anchored w/ concrete footings

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I built this one for a campground. Octagon, 48" across, 8 panels - 20" x 24" - 1/4" steel plate - 1" vent holes - 1 1/4" cold rolled round bar for cap - welded and ground smooth - Rustoleum bbq paint - anchored w/ concrete footings

this is sweet...perfect to grill on...I have a truck rim that I use to make my pit smaller to cook on but that looks so much nicer

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Brought home a couple of slices off the pipeline in alaska. Makes a nice 4ft pit. Had to block it up a few inches for air, but it will never wear out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts