TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Helped my cousin do some logging. Next door they were doing some logging and gave us all the cuts from the butts to take sweeps out to clear up the logs. Quite a pile. Have been loading 3cord on and cannot believe the demand. After loading went to town to play some cards with the boys at the Vets. while there had 4 calls and delivered after the card game. Last week went into the hardware and parked to get a bolt, before I left the store had a call and sold it. The wood is going fast, need to find more lol. Been fairly warm here in western wa so splitting wood is an early morning game.
P1000606.JPG I might add. that F700 is a 72 with just a tad over 7000 mi original.

·
Registered
182 Posts
How much does a cord go for up that direction? What type of wood is it? Curiosity is killing me...:D

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been getting 500 a load. If I took it up the road to Olympia or Seattle it would be quite a bit more. It is hemlock, fir, a bit of alder. I just take it as it comes out of the pile. I built my own splitter and can handle up to 6ft diameter wood. No having to pick the wood up by hand. Sure saves the back.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have been getting 500 a load. If I took it up the road to Olympia or Seattle it would be quite a bit more. It is hemlock, fir, a bit of alder. I just take it as it comes out of the pile. I built my own splitter and can handle up to 6ft diameter wood. No having to pick the wood up by hand. Sure saves the back.
Very interesting. Do you stack the truck, or use a tractor to load it? Those trucks will last forever. Mostly Oak firewood around here, $250 a cord avg. 4'x16' stack

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I converted a hay conveyor to send the wood to a stacker. Oak and some other woods do go for more up here as it puts out more heat. Here in the northwest we have a lot of timber so the price is not as high. Thing is now all the logging companies are seeing the value of it and are getting a premium from wood cutters.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hey, Plumbstraight, I have built several wood splitters, horizontal and vertical. How about a picture of yours??
Mel

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Get it while the getting's good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts