TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL... Just getting the new tire ready to mount..

I'm just leaving it on the floor in the boiler room so it's ready when I am, it's usually about 100 degrease in there. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get it done.

It should spoon on easy! I'm really excited to get that deathwing off. That thing scares me at least twice a ride.

For those that have changed their front stock tire, how easy does it come off? Any advice? I've changed a lot of tires but they're all a bit different, some are a real you know what to get off.

image.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well that just solved the problem I'll get the wife to do it while I'm at work tomorrow! :)

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front tire easy peasy....rear PITA. But make sure you degrease that tire before you subject it to 100 degrees. :p
What! As I'm running to boiler room!

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, there's nothing better than hearing back from someone with your experience. You've probably ridden enough miles to wear out 50 or more of those tires. I guess I won't have to fire up the front end loader to get the tire off after all ;)

Wait till my wife finds out how easy it will be for her to do! :) LOL I left it in front of the coffee pot with a note this morning, waiting for the text from her now now!

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice to hear. It looks like we have good weather today and I will be changing it tonight! YAY....!

I am a two spoon guy when it comes to tires (and Post Raisin Bran).

Even the rear tire was uneventful when I changed it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wait till my wife finds out how easy it will be for her to do! :) LOL I left it in front of the coffee pot with a note this morning, waiting for the text from her now now!
Hey JerseyJeeper, your wife called and said she got the tire on…bent the rim a little bit and there might be some small very minor pin holes in it now BUT the tire is on and ready to roll!
Oh and don’t worry about the funny taste your coffee has for the next few days.. we ladies know how to get back at you men..

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey JerseyJeeper, your wife called and said she got the tire on…bent the rim a little bit and there might be some small very minor pin holes in it now BUT the tire is on and ready to roll!
Oh and don’t worry about the funny taste your coffee has for the next few days.. we ladies know how to get back at you men..
Well she can forget about me fixing the oven then! wait... no food... doooohhh ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Something tells me you better watch out now!

Mrs. Admiral;

How can you be posting? I thought Admiral had you locked in the shed with your hair dryer and a hammer softening up the Ceros so he can get it mounted!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mrs. Admiral;

How can you be posting? I thought Admiral had you locked in the shed with your hair dryer and a hammer softening up the Ceros so he can get it mounted!
Oh The Admiral knows better than to lock me away.....besides we are both better off if I stay away from the hammers and leave him to do any mounting that needs to be done. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ohhhh boy..
Oh The Admiral knows better than to lock me away.....besides we are both better off if I stay away from the hammers and leave him to do any mounting that needs to be done. :D

·
Registered
13,637 Posts

Now I know what you meant when you txt me!:p

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Ok, the wife didn't mount it.. She had a headache.. :)

So... The 241 is on..

I put it on when I got home but I'm not sure I like its road manners, it wants to go straight, you really have to lean into it to get it to turn, maybe it's the pressure I'm running? I live on a twisty road, I know it well and play around by cutting around road patches all the time and I feel like I've lost what I had, I don't think I could respond to an emergeancy as quickly as before. It better be good off road or I'll be disappointed. You guys have any input on this, going from deathwing to a 241? I seem to have lost the ability maneuver quickly on the pavement. Hopefully I'll get used to it, I know you have to learn your tires but I'm concerned. I won't be able to put anytime on it or hit the dirt till Saturday so I won't be able to stop thinking about this.

some pics..

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
The 241 is a heck of a better tire, so I would experiment with the air pressures, if that doesn't satisfy then you will just have to get used to it....:(

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know it depends on rider weight, etc... But can I get some feedback on what other riders who run a 241 on the road have settled on for front tire pressure? -thanks..!

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I looked before I put it on ;) (nice try!) I also looked for dots to line up with the valve stem hole.. There was a number stamped so I lined that up fwiw.. I'm going to play with pressure and see what happens. I got it up pretty hi. I'm thinking that "it wants to go strait" thing might work for me in the deep sand at speed... OR maybe I'm just trying to justify it because it didn't really wow me.. Thanks for the input!

Is it possible that you mounted it backwards ? :eek:

And, for pressure, I run with 15 to 16 psi when on the paved roads.....and 13 psi when off-road.

Oh, again I am joshing you about the tire direction. :p That Shinko 241 does NOT have a directional arrow on it. Works both directions.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts