TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post my thoughts on the first 300 miles I've put on the Bike. It is a 2010 model.

I'm 6'1 and weigh 240lbs, I have a 50 mile round trip commute to work over varying terrain.

The posted speed limits on my commute vary from 35 to 55 mph. I've been riding motorcyles

off and on for the last 30 years. I bought the bike to commute to work, and to take to the

trails to ride with my son. The TW is the smallest HP bike I have ever ridden.

So far I am very impressed with the bike, though at times I find I am looking for another gear

as I am not used to the high rpms yet. At traffic lights I find that first is a little short.

I've ordered the 15T sprocket from sunstar-mc.com to lower the rpms just a bit. But could live

without it if it wasnt available.

I also find that the brakes are a little weak, but I've adjusted my follow distance to account

for that. I also find that when braking hard that the front springs could be a tad stiffer.

The bike definitely has enough get up and go to meet my needs, it handles very well in the corners,

and has no problems getting over the hills on my commute. I would not recommend riding it on a

SOCAL freeway.

Even with my size I feel very comfortable on it, and the foot pegs are not to small, and I feel no

problems standing on them.

The gas mileage is excellent. With my last fillup I noted 83 mpg, which saves me about 11 dollars/day

over driving my truck.

So far it has been excellent. Thats all I can think of for now.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Welcome RJP.

I'm glad you like your TW and once you have adjusted your mind to the low HP and limitations on the highway I am sure you will grow to like it even more.

My TW is also the smallest bike I have had for many years but I still enjoy pottering around our country lanes away from the rat race, I have bigger bikes for long distance and fast roads.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I found first a little also so I got a 47 tooth rear sprocket, about the same as adding a tooth in front just easier to change.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Swap out the fork oil for 15w. While you have the caps off drill and tap for Schrader valves and add 7-10 pounds of air pressure to stiffen the spring rate.

15 or 47 will make 1st better. Any taller and the 3-4 and 4-5 gaps become a problem.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I went with a 47 rear also my old man has the same bike but a year newer and can't figure out why I can pull away from him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts