TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the T-Dub for a few months now and have put about 1,000 miles on it and recently took it out for a camping trip to the Bankhead National Forest in Double Springs Al,

I've been doing all my camping prior to this trip on my DR650 but camping on the T-Dub was a fun experience. There is just something about traveing on the TW that has a primitive feel to it, just a slower pace of live. Brushy Lake campground is about 50 miles from my house and I was able to ride rarely traveled country roads and back roads for 90% of the way. There was only one 9 mile stretch where I was on a road that had a speed limit of 55. With the bike loaded with camping gear running 50mph for a few miles wasn't to much of a chore. The rest of the ride was nice farm land, with the smell of fireplaces, cattle, and hay. I spent Saturday afternoon at the camp trading travel stories with a friend of mine who lives close by. Sunday I went and rode Flint Creek ORV park which is in the forest as well and only about 11 miles from the campground. It ended up being more of a mud bog than a trail ride due to all of the recent rain but overall it was a great trip.

I quess my finial thoughts on taking the T-Tub on an overnighter was that although it may not be the fastest way to travel the extra time sure brings alot of smiles. I look forward to loading the TW up with camping gear soon and hitting some more back roads.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
It sounds like you had a good first trip. Can you share some photos sometime? We love pics from all over and Alabama sure id pretty, right?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Lets see it all loaded up. Always like to see how others load their bikes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts