TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Richmond gun show today - OMG traffic and heat were awful. Had to bring home something to make it all worth while...

Ruger LPC.jpg

:D New Ruger LCP with Viridian Laser + 200 rounds 380 ammo for practice ;)

Also saw an amazing Vietnam era ammo hauler that steers with all 4 wheels, and an original Jeep.
ammo transport.jpg
ammo transport 2.jpg
JEEP.jpg

Fun stuff to do on a terribly hot Saturday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The Mule (M274) is the best ATV of all time. I have had one for the last 14 years. Use it daily except the winter time. It's a working Mule most of the time, but I have been taking it to Tractor Show to take kids for rides.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Anybody else have trouble getting pictures to upload? Prolly some setting flipped over after I cursed at Siri. She's a spiteful lil vixen.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Great little carry piece LuvNot! :)

Many +++ to the LCP. But I have expereanced one down side with mine. :(

The take down pin has a tendency to "walk" out of the receiver unexpectedly.

I found a dependable & easy fix! I used the Tandem Cross take down pin & no more problems.

Check it out: https://www.tandemkross.com/Tool-less-Takedown-Pin-for-LCP_p_106.html

:icon_thumright: m.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I've always liked those Mechanical Mules, and seen quite a few of them in action. You can even swivel the controls out to the front so you can walk in front while still controlling it.
That "jeep" is not really a jeep; it is a M151 "Mutt." They look similar to a jeep, but are quite different in design.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had nothing but problems with my LCP. Never would work correctly, even sent it back. Yes I tried numerous different types of ammo. I sold mine and got a Kahr P380. Amazing the difference in quality and no more problems. Hope you have better luck.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm hesitant to post to a public forum what guns I might or might not own.

But for a pocket gun, I'd consider the LC9 over the LCP. Just a tad bigger, but worth it for the increased firepower. IMHO, of course.

(Stock photo)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had nothing but problems with my LCP. Never would work correctly, even sent it back. Yes I tried numerous different types of ammo. I sold mine and got a Kahr P380. Amazing the difference in quality and no more problems. Hope you have better luck.
I saw a couple of videos that talked about problems with the LPC not working properly, and each guy said they solved it by filing unfinished edges (flashing) and/or polishing the pieces to make it more smooth. I've not shot this yet, but I will keep it in mind if the pistol starts to hang unexpectedly. However, this is a later version of the first model. After taking it apart for inspection, I didn't notice any edges as shown in the videos. Of course, I've not shot anything out of it either so anything is still possible.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Any mass produced gun can have problems. I had and SR45 that I loved, but would occasionally fail to load. Tens of thousands of people never had an issue. Ruger looked at it twice, seemed good after the last time, but always questioned it in the back of my mind. I have had a couple of S&W Shields, lots of people report problems (they have literally sold more than a million) but mine were 100% flawless and left me very confident. I have shot the LCP and a friend has one, in my experience they were great.

·
Registered
230 Posts
image.jpeg My LCP is one of the early ones with tiny sights & crummy trigger.I sent it back because of some heat treatment issues in the barrel & slide. Ruger did a recall & repair & I had the gun back very quickly . The gun shoots great & is very reliable, even with pocket lint . Lol
It rides in my pocket everyday & as you can see most of the blue finish is long gone & I'm needing another pocket holster too. Lol

·
Banned
441 Posts
The poop on pocket pistols. if you ever need to use it I bet it will be up close and personal so I carry the Ruger LCR in .38 spl with +P defense rounds is my pick, so you can pull it out and shoot and not have to mess with the safety or if a round is chambered. 12047448_10206333040596962_894137157_n.jpg LCR .38 spl bottom.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts