TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just experienced my first crash on my bike after riding almost 4 years. Luckily no damage on rider nor bike. Driving in a round-about where a garbage truck dumped some of it's nice smelling liquids. Must have been mostly oil (no recycling here, all goes into same trash). The moment I saw it, I knew what is going to happen. Front wheel lost grip and there I go. Good to wear helmet and jacket. I now can recommend Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket!!!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Good that the worst part of that was the smell...

Ain't nothing smells worse than that acrid pungency of garbage truck juice, especially with the sun beating on it.

Use Febreeze to get the smell out.

Glad you are OK.

·
Super Moderator
5,306 Posts
It gives your jacket a bit of street cred to have a few scuffs on it – though well done for keeping it all upright for four years

I think that “chucking it up the road” every now and then keeps it “real” somehow – reminds you of what can happen no matter how careful you are ………

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Glad you're OK! Remember, if your helmet hit the ground it's time for a new one, don't take chances with a helmet that's possibly compromised.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Congratulations! Now you get to go shopping for a new lid :)

Glad to hear you made it out with no injury. A bit of washing and Febreeze should take care of the garbage truck water smell. How did your bike fare?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bike is alright, just the brake handle is a bit scraped, not even bend, nothing else I could see. What really stinks (literally) I just got the new jacket about 3 weeks ago. But I guess I was overdue with now almost 30K miles between the 2 TWs. Just happy that it happened during low speed.

·
Super Moderator
18,141 Posts
Glad you are ok bro..

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
194 Posts
Glad you survived the crash without serious problems. I can remember suggesting the Joe Rocket mesh jacket to someone in the Caribbean a few years ago. It was one of the few jackets which is comfortable in very hot conditions. I even posted a picture of mine. Were you that person?

·
Registered
20,472 Posts
Joe Rocket Pheonix jacket, eh? Good product endorsement..:p Seriously though , glad the jacket and not you took the impact.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you survived the crash without serious problems. I can remember suggesting the Joe Rocket mesh jacket to someone in the Caribbean a few years ago. It was one of the few jackets which is comfortable in very hot conditions. I even posted a picture of mine. Were you that person?
Hey Phantom,
that might have been me as I purchased the first jacket upon recommendation from a Forum member. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Glad to here your ok...I could here "oh S+^t " all the way here in Maryland. I tried the Joe Rocket on just after I had bought another brand. I wish I had seen the Joe Rocket first. I especially like this one with the yellow. I rode about three months on the roads before my girls bought me a yellow vest. It made a huge difference in drivers seeing me.
Enjoy your all the time....summer. :cool:
rick
image.jpg

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did u wear riding pants with knee armor? Knee armor has saved me so many times.
No, never ride with riding pants or knee armor. Just too hot here and most my rides are less than 15 minutes. The island is very small. It is just not practicable to put on full gear. By the time you have it on its time to shower because one sweats too much. However, I never ride without my jacket which is by the way the yellow Joe Rocket Phoenix and always with helmet

·
Registered
486 Posts
I crashed in my Rocket Mesh jacket. My helmet had a big ding, my collar bone broke in two places and my Ducat was totaled. But the jacket was fine. I wore it today for a 90 mile scoot. Almost 4 years since my crash!

·
Registered
604 Posts
How fast were you going?
Jon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts