TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 weeks ago I got a 1990 TW for my 67th birthday. Today I rode it about 25 miles out to an ORV park and then up the trails to the top of the hills. Stayed on the green (easiest) and blue (intermediate) trails and found some of them interesting challenges. Climbed several thousand feet in a couple of miles on fire trails, some rutted, some loose, and most steep. Watched a red tail hawk circling the canyon below me.
Amazed at the capabilities of the little beast.
Beautiful day.
Good fun!

TW on top.jpg

TW on top 2.jpg

TW on ridge.jpg

TW out back.jpg

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Very Nice Ready to ride. The only thing I see missing is a buddy with a TW to ride with.

GaryL

·
Registered
73 Posts
I get a kick out of reading posts on other forums, proclaiming that the TW is a light trail bike, useless on single track.

I have to think that those armchair experts have never owned one :)

Joke is squarely on them.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I get a kick out of reading posts on other forums, proclaiming that the TW is a light trail bike, useless on single track.

I have to think that those armchair experts have never owned one :)

Joke is squarely on them.
I'm thinking you are probably referring to ADVrider...lots of good guys over there in the know, but let's face it, there are some pot stirring types, and others I suspect that have only rode a MC of any type in their dreams...lots of clowns over there that would rather start a pi**ing match than actually contribute something worthwhile. :evil6:

·
Registered
73 Posts
They're the main culprits, but I've read those comments over the years on several moto forums. My experience on ADV has been mostly positive on the BMW and KTM specific stops. Beyond those two spaces, it gets a bit sketchy.

Really digging this forum. Hard to beat model specific enthusiasts!

Full disclosure.........I never planned to be this enamored with the TW ;)

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Dirt bikers in general are a tough breed. Any bike other than the one they have is in some way flawed! My answer to that is, Who really cares?

BTW, guys who stir the pot are sometimes refreshing and fun to banter back and forth with as long as it stays friendly and respectful. I like to ask most dirt bikers, When are you gonna put a real tire on that thing?:p

GaryL

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Congrats on your first dirt ride. Lots of Tw owners in your area and hope to see you on any upcoming Norcal rides. Quite fun exploring with other Tw riders.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Dirt bikers in general are a tough breed. Any bike other than the one they have is in some way flawed! My answer to that is, Who really cares?

BTW, guys who stir the pot are sometimes refreshing and fun to banter back and forth with as long as it stays friendly and respectful. I like to ask most dirt bikers, When are you gonna put a real tire on that thing?:p

GaryL
Trust Me Gary, I am an old time Pot Stirring Type when the times and need calls for it:evil6: But some just want to argue and insult...which I can do with the best of them...but here it appears, we are all on the same page{more or less} and really not much reason to go after each other....other than perhaps riding style and locations preferred lol!

·
Registered
170 Posts
About 3 weeks ago I got a 1990 TW for my 67th birthday. Today I rode it about 25 miles out to an ORV park and then up the trails to the top of the hills. Stayed on the green (easiest) and blue (intermediate) trails and found some of them interesting challenges. Climbed several thousand feet in a couple of miles on fire trails, some rutted, some loose, and most steep. Watched a red tail hawk circling the canyon below me.
I'm jealous of your playground and please keep posting your adventures. It's nice to see your TW playing in it's natural environment.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I'm thinking you are probably referring to ADVrider...lots of good guys over there in the know, but let's face it, there are some pot stirring types, and others I suspect that have only rode a MC of any type in their dreams...lots of clowns over there that would rather start a pi**ing match than actually contribute something worthwhile. :evil6:

OHHH,so true.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
Trust Me Gary, I am an old time Pot Stirring Type when the times and need calls for it:evil6: But some just want to argue and insult...which I can do with the best of them...but here it appears, we are all on the same page{more or less} and really not much reason to go after each other....other than perhaps riding style and locations preferred lol!
Actually Hoot, there are a bunch of guys here who are on completely different pages than us older guys. You know, Brat/Rat styles and make em go faster types. None of that matters here and most of us love seeing what other do and have done. This place is all about respecting the others rights to play with their bikes any way they see fit. The TW fits in numerous venues and can be what ever you want to make it in to. The ones with the pipes slung low sure do look pretty cool but I figure they would have them ripped off in short order following my TW where I like to take it. It is evident they have no desire to hit the trails but they sure are welcome to ride along with us here.

The one thing I have seen here is when a member begins to get nasty they seem to get told in short order to take their crap elsewhere and I applaud the Mods for doing the job but never over doing it. We have absolutely nothing to fight about here and I like it!

GaryL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts