1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
713 Posts
Those bikes look fun, but I wonder how they are vs snowmobiles. I would try one and find out for sure, sans flipping of course. Also I would need 50 layers of warm or heated clothing lol.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
463 Posts
Those bikes look fun, but I wonder how they are vs snowmobiles. I would try one and find out for sure, sans flipping of course. Also I would need 50 layers of warm or heated clothing lol.
I took a test ride on a YZ400 sno-bike back in February and they are amazing very different than a sled. I did not get a lot of seat time in however the bike's owner says they are virtually unstoppable and will go where ever you point them. Especially good on hills climbs and no problem to ride across steep hills which can be a challenge on a sled. Sadly they cost way more than our TW's, just the track can be in the $8 - $10K range and that's without the donor bike.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Only at the "X-Games" (so far) of course.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'd rent one somewhere to try it out. I don't live in an area that gets snow, but it still looks fun to give it a shot. I think if I did live in snowy country, that price would be hard to swallow. I'd prob just own a used sled. To each his own bliss and budget.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts